Chapter 24: Crystal Chakra && The First Amazing Mission

|| p.o.v saya||

"Saya-chan!" mom shook me out of my dreams. "wake up it's time to train!"

My eyes fluttered open. I glanced at my clock and grumbled. It's was 4:50 am. I let my eyes droop back down, slipping back into a light sleep.

Thud.

Mom smacked me with a pillow, "UP"

I yawned and crawled out of bed. "it's to early for life."

Mom threw training clothes at me and left.

"We'll then" I mumbled before attempting to get changed into the clothes mom had given me. A pair of tight yoga pants and a skin tight plain shirt. I fell over twice.

After wrestling with the clothes I made my way to the kitchen.

"Did you make anything for breakfast?" I asked behind a yawn.

Mom smirked and tossed me a granola bar. "you don't want to fill your stomach with junk. You'll throw up."

"Bacon isn't junk, it's the king of breakfast products" I threw back, taking a bite of the bar.

Mom just shook her head at me.

After finishing up 'breakfast' we headed towards the training fields behind the academy.

"Alright, are you ready Saya-chan?"

"Hai" I nodded and scooter a bit closer to her.

Mom smirked. She reached out and tucked a stray piece of my hair away from my face." Alright. First things first, from now on when I'm training you your going to call me Sensei. I won't go easy on you just because you're my daughter. If anything I'm going to go harder on you because you're one of the last remaining ninja with a crystal chakra type, understand."

I nodded slowly.

"Alright. Then let's get started." Mom smiled.

I smiled back and took a deep steadying breath.

"Ok, Saya-chan. Watch me, this first jutsu is called "Crimson Fruit". It's important you be able to protect yourself and those around you"

Mom's hands moved together slowly, allowing me time to see each of the hand signs needed.

"Crystal Release: Crimson Fruit"

After a moment or two a huge crystal dome formed around mom. She smiled and raised her hand, signaling me to attack her.

I pushed my feet forward, and drew a kunia. My blade hit the barrier full speed, but nothing happened. Attack after attack and I hadn't managed to scratch the crystal at all.

"All right that's enough," mom released the jutsu and reached out to ruffle my hair. "it's your turn to try. Do you remember the signs?"

I nodded and started mimicking the hand signs she had used. "Crystal Release: Crimson Fruit"

The same crystal started to form around me with a couple major differences.

First and most startling. My crystal was orange, while my mothers had been green.

Secondly, it grew a lot slower and was a lot thinner. The surface of the barrier was rough, craters formed where the crystal stopped growing.

And thirdly, it didn't connect at the top like moms had. There was a fist sized hole at the top.

I groaned and let my hands drop in disappointment. Mom threw a shuriken at the crystal. The second the weapon made contact the entire shield disinagated.