Chapter 5: Off To The Acadamy!!

||P.O.V Saya||

"Saya-chan it's time to get up!" Dad knocked on my door lightly and laughted when I grumbled and tried to burry myself deeper into my pillows. I am not a morning person, I'd much rather sleep untill noon.

"Get up!" a higher pitched voice commanded and my head snapped up. "didn't your parents ever teach you its bad manors to sleep while you have guests over?"

Sakura-Sama! I tried to jump out of bed and hug the pink haired ninja standing in front of me, but my foot got caught in my blanket and I tumbled off the mattress in a mess of sheets and limbs.

Sakura-Sama's laughter filled the room and she walked over quickly pulling me out of the tangled beding, and into a big hug.

Sakura-Sama was the closet thing to an aunt or a sister I had, and we have always been close. According to mom Sakura-Sama was attached to my hip way before I was even born. She is loving and a very good listener, she also enjoyed spoiling me when ever she gets the chance. Something my parents didn't really approve of... I rather enjoyed it though.

"your back from your mission!" I cried wrapping my arms and legs tightly around her body. I hadn't seen her in a little over three months!

"I missed you to Saya-chan!" Sakura-Sama laughed as she tried to wiggle out of my monkey hug.

I smiled pressing my nose into her cloths and inhaled deeply. I'd missed her so much!

"Saya-chan" Sai stood by my door with his arms behind his back, a wide fake smile decorated his face.

Sai and I had a weird friendship. We were very close when I was little. I'd often snuck out of my house after dinner and gone to his place to play. While he was away on missions he'd leave me behind little drawing friends to play with. Often they were bunnies or dogs, or other things he'd read in his books that little girls liked. When he returned he would always have a gift for me, sometimes he'd even give me a real smile.

He was my best friend.

Sai was the only person I could be one hundred percent myself around. But sadly as I grew our friendship became much more distant. I rarely went over his house anymore, and he'd stoped leaving me drawing to occupy my time while he was away.

I tilted my head to the side and smiled at him, my eyes closed. "welcome home, Sai-Kun!"

Dad shot me a look shaking his head, he didn't like when I called Sai "kun" but really he was going to have to deal.

"I have a gift for you" his voice didn't change in tone when he talked. I quickly loosened my grip on Sakura-Sama and walked over to Sai-Kun curiously. It had been a long time since he had given me a gift...

Sai-Kun knelt down so he was at eye level with me, a real smile suddenly over took the fake one and I stared at him surpised.

"I haven't seen you in a long time Saya-chan" Sai-Kun said softly, "it was like a hole opened up in my chest."

Oh Sai-Kun, you never were one to beat around the bush.

I felt heat spred across my cheeks and I continued to stare at Sai-Kun.

"when I asked Sakura what it was I was feeling she told me it was my heart missing you" Sai-Kun said the words without his tone altering at all, but his eyes were filled with a light I rarely ever saw in him, "I've never felt the emotion of missing or longing before..."

Suddenly Sai-Kuns hands where cupped in front of me. My eyes drifted down to his outstretched hand and I felt myself jump in surpise.

There nested inside his hands was a paint brush. The paint brush was old and tattered, small smudges of dried ink stained the brushes body and a couple if the bristles frizzed away from the rest. Faded red writing was scribbled into the side but I couldn't tell what it said...