Chapter 2 Humans

"Are you serious?! A human?!"

"She needed help!"

"So you just let a human girl into your home and sleep in your bed?"

"She just saw her brother die!"

"She's still one of them."

What are they going on about? I wondered as I sat up in bed. My eyes were dry and swollen from the amount of tears that had left my eyes yesterday. The door suddenly opened and Harry came in. He looked quite flustered and angry.

"Oh, you're awake." He exclaimed when he saw me sitting there. I gave him a small nod. My throat hurt and I was still feeling sick.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked as he sat down next to me. As much as Robin was on my mind, I wanted to suppress it. It would only depress me more, but how could I not think of him? Or my parents for that matter.

"My best friend, he's not too keen on humans, sorry." He sighed. "C'mon, you need breakfast." He stood up offering me a hand, but I stood up on my own. He was after all a vampire. What if he uses me as a blood bag? Then I guess I'll have to live with that, he did save me. Plus he's not really scary, I don't think anyone could be scary with those floppy curls. A faint giggle left my mouth as I was lost in thought and Harry looked at me. I felt stupid and dumb for actually laughing but in the most stupid way it made me feel the slightest bit better.

"What're you giggling about?"

"You don't seem like a very scary vampire." I tell him. His curious expression gets replaced with a mischievous smile. One second I'm looking at him and then the other he has me pushed up against the wall. I gasp from the sudden movement and he smirks.

"Not scary?" He asked and let his fangs grace the skin on my neck. I felt a small shiver and fear as he put some pressure on his fangs. It felt like my skin was about to puncture any minute and the pain was excruciating. Like two thin needles, pressing to your skin, waiting for it to break. More pain than you'd imagine. Then the pressure stopped and he lifted his head.

"That is just a small amount of pain I can cause you right here, right now so if I were you missy I'd keep my mouth shut." He whispered to me, taunting me with every word. His body was was still firmly pressed against mine and I felt so scared actually. I'd opened my big mouth and he was a monster.

"Harry, you said it yourself, she needed help. Leave the poor girl alone." A head appeared around the corner. This boy had dark hair and chocolate brown eyes, quite stunning actually. This must obviously be Harry's friend. Harry took a step back from me and I gained my posture. His friend definitely looked more like a vampire than him, scarier.

"I'm Zayn." He smiled holding out his hand, but I shied away. "Great Harry, you scared the living day lights out of her."

"Shut up. Do you know when Liam's getting here?"

"Another vampire?" Curiosity took over me as I spoke up. Being so secluded from real civilisation I wanted to know more. About the war and vampires, about reality.

"Yes, we need to discuss this situation." Harry answered me, gesturing to me as well.

"What's your name, love?" Zayn asked me. What was with the stupid nicknames?

"Saoirse." I replied quietly and he nodded. There was an awkward silence lingering in the air until we heard a knock on the door. Harry went to open it.

"Hi mate." He tried cheerily.

"So what's this really important situation that we need to discu-" Liam stopped once he saw me. "Oh, hello dear." He smiled then gave me a funny look. He then looked back at Harry.