Chapter 35 New Skies

(A/N:Just so you guys don't get too confused this chapter is from Harry's point of view and this is just before "the one and only" finds Saoirse, I think you'll understand whilst reading it, anyway

ENJOYxx)

"Wake up!" I felt someone throw my shirt on me and I sat up immediately. The room was dark indicating that it was still night time. Across from me was Zanita all dressed up and waiting patiently for me to get up. I pulled the shirt over my head, eyeing her clearly. She had something up her sleeve and her eager look proved me right.

"It's two in the morning what the hell are you doing in here? What's going on?" I asked and a smirk clad her face. Her showing excitement was never good.

"Our little plan will be put into work early." She smiled, proudly showing off her fangs. It felt like I'd just been stabbed with a wooden stake. "I've been informed that there has been another burning cage dropping accident thing in the forest and our little sacrificial lamb has been spotted in there."

Sacrificial lamb? Who the hell does she think she is calling Saoirse that?

"What was she doing with the cages?" Panic coursed through my veins. Was she in one of those cages? Had she already been injured by the fire?

"Nothing, it was only a coincidence but we need to get going, the sooner the better." She urged storming out of my room. As quickly as I could I grabbed the wooden stake I'd prepared for this moment. I'd hidden it in the desk so it would be easy to grab for when the moment would come. It wasn't too large either so hiding it in my pocket wouldn't be a problem.

My mouth tasted of her blood, never forgetting the sweet sensation of it running down my throat. Never would I have that glorious feeling ever again. She really was like no one else. As cliche as it sounds but it's true. I'll never be forgiven for what is about to happen but what will it matter? I won't be here. Though I will always be remembered for killing her, even by my own damn friends.

When I came down the stairs Zanita stood by the door. She was covered in a large black velvet cloak, I remember her telling me about it being from the Middle Ages. The hood was large, covering her hair and shadowing her face. The human eyes could probably only see the red eyes and fangs from the monster the cloak was covering. This was vampirism.

"If we're doing this we're doing it properly." She grinned, pulling out another cloak from behind her. This one was pretty much the same except the colour. This one was red, a very very dark shade too. I took it from her, tying it around my neck and pulling the hood over me. Zanita walked up to me, a proud smile evident on her porcelain white face.

"I knew you'd make it up to me." She whispered, kissing the corner of my mouth, letting our lips brush against each other ever so slightly. I felt my fangs lengthen and I was starting to see red. I wasn't prepared for this but I had to go into my full vampire self. I needed to find whatever made me angry, something that would make me lose control.

Zanita opened the door and we were off. The air was thick of smoke, a few trees still burning. Corpses from witches that had been used as what the humans called servants but we called slaves. Several trees had fallen and another large piece of the forest was missing. It had become even harder to navigate than it was before. The worst of it all was that I could feel her presence. I could feel that she was near and after painful days without her all I wanted to do was hold her.

"Do you feel it?" Zanita asked me, increasing her pace.

"Yes, she's near." I kept my tone strong. I didn't want Zanita to doubt me.

Two cloak bearing figures wouldn't be the best thing to be spotted here and I knew she wanted to be quick. Even she didn't want to be seen by anyone, you never know who is out in these woods.

My mind wondered to where she could be? Was she also lost in the rearranged forest. But it didn't seem as if she was moving. I was being constantly pulled in the same direction and then it struck me. The tree, the large one, our landmark helping us navigate. Of course she would be there.

"I know where she is." I stated before taking off further into the trees. Zanita was hot on my tracks, curious as to where her, or even, my next victim was. When my heart kept clenching in my chest I knew we were close and I slowed down. The smoke from the fire had settled down as a fog creating a maze between all the trees. But then I saw them. Not just only her but of course he fucking was with her. This would complicate our plan but as long as I had my devil by my side, the night would go as planned. I signalled for Zanita to keep hidden in the fog until I had Saoirse in my arms. As I stepped out into her, my beloved beauty's vision I heard her gasp. There wasn't a doubt as she scrambled to her feet, running into my arms. I welcomed her one last time and wrapped my arms around her. She sobbed heavily into my chest. I rubbed her back hushing her.

The longer I drew this out the more impatient Zanita would grow and the less courage I'd gain. I kissed her forehead lingering there a bit too long. From the corner of my eye I saw Liam deciding not to interfere which was a damn good fucking choice.

"I love you and I want you to know that." I whispered to her, kissing her lips slowly. There was no going back now. Death has come to meet me. Saoirse pulled away smiling at me with teary eyes.

"I love you."

Snap.

She'd hardly finished her sentence. I could feel her body fall before me. My hands were shaking from the action I'd just gone through with. It was like I could feel her neck snap beneath my fingers over and over again. I was so in my own world that I hardly noticed Liam screaming, charging for me. But before he even had a chance to touch me Zanita was stood in front of him. Her fingers drilled into his chest, holding his heart in her hand, just like she'd done to me the very first time we met.

"I wouldn't if I were you." She smiled, pulling her hand out surprisingly sparing Liam. As soon as she let him go he ran, which was a wise decision.

"I'll leave you to it." She whispered, actually giving me a moment to say good bye. I was thankful that she left. That way she couldn't stop me from my next move. My hand found the small stake in my pocket, pulling it up. I stared at it for a brief moment I put the tip of it just against my skin, right in front of my heart. But as I was going to push it into my skin, ending my life, I looked down at the girl before me.

A pained cry left my mouth, as I fell to my knees in front of her. I pulled her lifeless body into my arms. Her skin was cold and I couldn't hear her heartbeat. Her eyes were closed, there were small cuts and bruises on her skin but they weren't too bad. Her leg also seemed to have a burn on it but just like the cuts that wasn't too bad either. Her thick brown hair seemed to be perfectly brushed considering what she'd just gone through. She looked peaceful yet there were still traces of a frown on her face.

My tears continued to fall as the hatred for myself tripled by the second. There was nothing left in her body. She was gone. I killed her, I murdered her. My frustration grew and I threw the small stake out of my hand. I deserved worse pain than this, I deserved to suffer. I scurried over to a tree, breaking off a branch and continued to break it until it was large and sharp. I said my last prayers, mostly for Saoirse as I pushed the sharp wood through my stomach. Instantly I seemed to cough up blood and my mind tried telling me to pull the wood out but I wouldn't I needed to suffer like the murderer I was.