Chapter 49 War (Part 1)

"If you awaken from this illusion and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death or should I say death implies life, you can feel yourself. Not as a stranger in the world, not as something here on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke but you can begin to feel your own existents as absolutely fundamental."

-Alan Watts

There was a change in the wind. As if a certain burden was resting in the air. As a thick tension though not tense. The possibility of freedom lingering in the atmosphere, life or death at the doorstep. Blood going cold, suppressing every fear in your body because it is now or never. Maybe you're never going to see daylight again, maybe you're not even going to be here in an hour but maybe you'll be here for a hundred more years.

"These suits are amazing." Serena smiled excitedly, looking down upon her leather protected body. She hadn't even bothered putting her hair up and out of the way since she already knew it would fall out. From across the room a pair of brown eyes were lovingly taking in the sight of her and the fact that she was unharmed, for now. The seven black clad figures were stood in the hall together with an old witch, carrying at least five spell books filled with different healing methods.

"We should go before they wake up." Julia whispered, ushering everyone out of the small door and into the cars that had brought them there about a week ago. Saoirse, Harry, Una and Louis in one car and the rest of them in another. As they were seated, Saoirse's small hand slipped into Harry's. She did her best to be brave. Inside she was a mess, terrified and unprepared to see chaos and death. It would all remind her of her brother but that was exactly why she would do this. Her eyes closed as she focused herself on building all the strength she could muster. I will not fail them, she thought to herself thinking of all the vampires out there waiting for a difference.

But she wasn't the only scared one. In the other car Julia sat, angry and frustrated with herself. They still didn't know the whole legend. They did know the legend, but not the second one. Una had predicted that yet another more clear legend was about Saoirse but most importantly also about Harry.

Her lips quivered as she prayed for Una to be wrong, praying that that particular legend was not also about them and if it was she would never forgive herself. She wished she'd told them yesterday when she told Liam who was next to her. He too feared for the worst to be true.

The two people across from Liam and Julia were in their own world. They didn't have the fears they did. Zayn and Serena sat there ready as ever. Their hands clutching each other's tightly, faint smiles on both of their faces. Fantasies of after the revolution swirling in Serena's head. Underneath the leather glove covering her left hand she felt the silver ring resting around her fourth finger.

Zayn too was happy, he had all he wanted and was ready to fight for it, for everything. He had no fear because he knew he'd keep himself and Serena alive. After everything, he'd placed that ring on her finger and it would stay there until another one replaced it and the words 'I do' were spoken.

For some of them it felt like the drive to a deathbed and for other a drive towards freedom all based on their individual knowledge. The drive felt longer than before though the scenery outside was still the same. Still the same ashes and burned landscape. It seemed as if more landscape had been burned down, trying to get rid of any vampires that had fled the capital.

As the grass outside turned from grey to a yellow shade they all knew that headquarters wasn't too far away. After they'd visited the headquarters and met the other vampires and gypsies leading the so called army, the revolution would dawn. Of course, a revolution does not happen in one day but getting rid of the government does.