Chapter 5 Your Reason To Be

"Wake up! Wake up!" Someone shouted in my ear and I groaned. When I opened my eyes properly I saw Robin standing in front of me, bright eyed, happy and alive.

"Robin!" I exclaimed hugging his small frame. "Robin I thought you were dead, I thought I was never going to see you again." I cried and held him. "How did you get in here?"

"Harry let me in." He smiled.

"I love you so much Robin!" I smiled and hugged him.

"C'mon! I have something to show you!" He shouted excitedly and started running out of the room, I was quick on trails. When I got out of my room he was already at the other end of the corridor.

"Robin wait!" He stopped and turned around and smiled at me and I smiled back. But then everything went dark and a hand reached out from the corner by Robin and grabbed him behind he wall.

"No!" I shouted. I tried running to him but it was like my feet were glued to the ground and all I could hear was his screams in pain. I screamed and screamed but nothing happened.

"Saoirse!" I heard someone call but there was no one there. "Saoirse!" Everything went black and then clear again. It was Harry that had called. I realised it was all a dream when I saw him sitting beside me on my bed. My throat was really dry and my eyes watery. I started crying uncontrollably.

"It was only a dream." Harry cooed, sitting down next to me, wrapping his arms around me. I cried and cried, but the dream wouldn't leave my head.

"You're safe." He whispered.

"It's not me, it's Robin." I sobbed, hitting Harry in the chest but it probably didn't hurt him. He gently grabbed my wrists and held them.

"Saoirse, you need to calm down. Just breathe." I nodded and started taking deep breaths but it didn't work.

"I-I can't." I hiccuped, and Harry brushed my hair out of my face. It looked like he was thinking about something, having an internal debate.

"Come here." He said and opened his arms. I laid down next to him and put my head on his chest. He put his hand on top of my head and grabbed my hand with his other. I laced our fingers. Isn't this what couples do?

"Shut the door,

Turn the light off,

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this

Even though I try."

He sang to me. Mum always used to sing to me and Robin if we were scared. The song sounded old, obviously not from this century, but it was sweet. The way Harry sang it made it seem very special to him. He had an amazing voice, it was so soft and calming. I actually managed to calm down listening to his voice.

"Heart beats harder,

Time escapes me,

Trembling hands,

Touch skin,"

Harry moved his hand from ontop of my head to my waist. I closed my eyes and listened to the sensation of his voice together with his slowly beating heart. The song was really beautiful.

"It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face"

I've never really heard a boy sing about crying, it was quite touching. His singing got me lost in another world. In that small moment I could relax and not think about anything that's happened.

"You know I'll be

Your life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment

In time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today"

That line stuck out to me. 'Your reason to be'. I felt like it had something to with yesterday when I said I wanted a purpose. Even if it wasn't intentional it stuck out to me and made me really happy for some reason. He eventually finished the song though I never wanted it to be over. Harry mumbled something though I didn't hear it because I was almost asleep.

"Don't fall asleep." He whispered. I opened my eyes and stared up at him.

"Why?"

"In case you have another nightmare." Wasn't really an answer that I wanted. "I'm not good falling asleep after I've been woken up so some company would be nice too." He added and I smiled.

"Have you always been able to sing?"

"What?" I asked and sat up. "When have you heard me sing?"

"Vampires have super good hearing remember, I heard when you sang to your little brother."

"That was still only one line, anyone could've pulled that off."

"And I have heard you sing once more." He said. I'm not gonna lie it was creeping me out a little.

"When you were in the farmers shed." I let out a gasp. That was him?

"Were you the one who protected us? The farmers was burnt up but we were fine, was that you?" Harry nodded. He saved us, both of us. But why?

"Because your talent was amazing. Your singing mesmerised me, I couldn't let anything hurt you." He whispered into my hair. Did I just ask why aloud?

"Then why won't you share blood with me? If you feel the need to protect me, I should only feel the same way." I gave him a sincere look and he sighed.

"I don't get you." He laughed bitterly.

"I want to save innocent people you might kill if you feed off them." I crossed my arms and he couldn't stop smiling at me. It was contagious.

"Fine." He said sitting up too.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"We'll give it a try. I'll feed off you, then give you my blood and compel you."

"No." I said.

"Are you serious? You've tried to convince me to feed on you and now-"

"I want you to feed on me but not compel me."

"Saoirse, I-" He started. Why must he always make things a problem?

"What?"

"Do you want to remember that awful pain, that will make you want me to kill you?" Does he think I'm some weak figure, well I am not.

"Yes." I gave him cocky smile and he returned it with a look of disbelief.

"Okay." Harry looked at me and I flashed him a happy smile. Why am I happy that I'll be in excruciating pain, as they called it?

"I just really don't want to hurt you."

"You won't." I said and lied back down and so did he.

"When will this be?" I wondered eagerly.

"Whenever I'm thirsty." He laughed. "Probably tomorrow, or today I guess." He said looking at the clock, 03:45 AM.

"Can't we try to go back to sleep?" I begged.

"Nope." He grinned.