Chapter 51 Torn

(If you're an emotional person or you cry easily, it might be time to break out the old tissue box. Or shirtsleeves, whatever you prefer.xx)

Saoirse

"Hurry...!" I slowly cried to Louis, wanting the car to go faster than what it actually could. Harry's head rested in my lap in the back of the car. It didn't take long for him to completely slip away from reality and every second passing made my nerves larger. His large wound was covered by a small blanket found in the boot of the car but his blood was quickly seeping through it.

My fingers shakily threaded through his long curls. It pained me that his eyes weren't staring back into mine. Never in my life had I so badly wanted to see those infamous green irises. Another wave of fear and panic streamed through me pushing out another sob. I did my best to try and wipe my tears but some of them still managed to fall onto his soft skin. My hands moved from his hair to his face. His beautiful face. The state of his body was at its worst yet his face looked so peaceful, so angelic. It was so, so wrong. And as selfish as it was, I wished that he was awake feeling the pain rather than slipping away further and further.

"It shouldn't be too long Saoirse. just keep track of his breathing." Louis ordered, looking back at me. The rest of the soldiers had stayed behind and continued the fight. We hadn't even stayed long enough to see if they managed to kill the shepherd. I was so grateful for everything they'd done for us but right now I didn't even want reality. I didn't want Harry like this, I wanted to forget everything that happened in that conference room just like I wanted to forget shooting that man.

"I love you." I whispered, bending myself further over Harry's unconscious body. "Open your eyes, please." I begged, tears slipping out of my eyes.

The car came to an abrupt stop, Louis rushing to get out. He opened the door to where I sat and gently grabbed Harrys torso to get him out of the car. Several gypsies were approaching us, immersing from their tents. The news of that I'd returned had spread but so had the news of Harrys injury. Our troop must have contacted headquarters.

"Get Una!" Louis shouted, as we both struggled to get Harry out of the car. I was too caught up in trying to make out what state he was in to see the hassle around us. But what I did see was a panicked Una running out of the main tent, witches following her.

"What's happened?!" She asked frantically. Her eyes were full of fear as she took in the sight of Harry. Without another word she too grabbed him and we brought him into the main tent.

"Through here..." Una panted, showing us to a wooden table with a cloth on top. We set Harry down and Louis carefully removed the blanket covering his injury. A horrified gasp left Unas lips. "Why has he not healed? It's a huge injury but even him alone should be able to recover from this."

"Man-made werewolves, they can somehow prevent our healing." Louis answered curt. The frown etched on her face only deepened as she took in the information.

"I need to be honest with you, it's not looking good." I could feel my heart sink as the devastating words hit me. I wanted to scream no and that she was wrong but I couldn't. Because she knew better about these things than I did.

"Camellia! Cecil! Get in here!" Una suddenly shouted, two witches rushing in. "Tend to his wounds immediately. I need to check on Saoirse."

Unas hand grabbed my upper arm moving me into another part of the tent where another wooden table clad in cloth stood.

"What are you doing?!" I half sobbed half yelled. "I need to be with Harry! He needs me!" I cried, the constant ache in my chest worsening from being separated from him.