Chapter 53 Broken Souls

Liam

Her soft skin was now clear from blood, ashes and dirt. Not only had those things been washed away from her face but so had the frown. She now looked more like she was sleeping. The black fighting uniform had also been removed from her body, only a white cloth covering her. The warmth that used to radiate from her was no longer there.

I thought she was the one. I thought I'd finally found her, after everything with Olesya. Julia was only just becoming a woman, learning what life was about. But she- She died before she even got a real taste of life.

"God, you're so beautiful." I whispered to her. She couldn't hear me and she never would again. The constant aching in my heart only worsened at the thought. Yet it didn't stop me from speaking.

"I hope you know how much you meant to me." The weakness took over as I let my eyes water again. The only thing people ever did these days was to cry. I don't know how long I'd been here. I heard something about Harry and Louis returning with a monster but I didn't have it in me to leave Julia's side. Una had been in here to say good bye and to help clean her body. But now it was just her and I. Her body and I.

"You shouldn't have died." A desperate cry left my mouth as I kneeled next to the table she was lying on. "I tried to save you, but the explosion wiped out everyone who wouldn't wake up again. I tried feeding you blood, but- I'm so sorry."

"She's here you know." A new voice spoke. I was no longer alone. Looking up I saw a gypsy woman, standing a couple of metres away from me. A shawl covering most of her hair, dark makeup shadowing her face. She was young, probably no older than Julia.

"I can sense her. She's here with you." The woman approached me. In a way it almost didn't feel safe to let myself believe her. She was no witch yet she claimed contact with the other side. So how could I trust her?

"She's closer to you than what you think." The gypsy continued, looking down at her lifeless body on the table. A frown etched on her face.

"How do you even know that? You could be telling me any kind of lie." I miserably muttered, trying to cover up the fact that I felt like I was being swallowed by the complete emptiness within me. My face still wet.

"A broken heart is easy to fool but only a broken one would fool a heart." She simply replied. "She's here."

"Do you see her?" I couldn't help myself but ask, being in the desperate state I was in.

"Yes. Not only the super natural are gifted." Her eyes were glued behind me. I wanted to see what she did, in the midst of all this I felt like I could trust her.

"Can you hear her?" The lump in my throat was suffocating me and I wasn't able to hold my sorrow back.

"Yes and she wants you to know that she can hear you and she's heard you all along." There was no way to describe what I was feeling. It was so much worse than Oleysia left me.

"Where is she?"

"Behind you." That's why her eyes were looking behind me, staring at whatever was there.

"Yes, but where is she?" I repeated my question.

"In limbo. For some reason she hasn't accepted death yet, so she remains with you." The gypsy's words faded as she seemed to be listening - listening to Julia.

"There are a lot of unspoken words between you two."

Harry

"Get more restraints now!" I yelled to some random nurse inside Una's make do tent/hospital. Louis and I were getting tired of holding Zanita back. She hadn't calmed down one bit. Una rushed in to us, without uttering a word she helped us tie the monster down on to the table I'd rested on yesterday.