Chapter 10 Once

"When do you think he'll be back?" I asked Serena quietly, sipping my hot tea carefully. The wind was blowing lightly outside in the grey sky, though it didn't look like it was going to stay this peaceful. I'd hardly ever seen such harch winds.

"I honestly don't know. I've hardly ever seen him so angry." She whispered in response, staring out of the window. The woods were dark now and who knew what could be lurking in the bushes. It frightened me. Now that the world knew about vampires, everything we thought we knew could be a lie. This is the largest history change that's ever occoured.

"Do you think he'll be angry with me?" I couldn't bare the thought of him not being happy with me though I'm pretty sure it's only the bond making me feel this way. We've only fed twice but it's like I can feel the bond clouding my brain and coursing through my veins like poison.

Well, there's already been poison in you once, why not twice?

"Maybe, but he'll get over it. I know he will." She sighed, wrapping her fingers around the cup for warmth.

"I'm just worried." I admit. Both Liam and Zayn were out there searching for him. He's been gone for hours and it's making me nervous. I know he's a vampire and can protect himself but it still taunts me. What also taunts me is how pathetic I've become, relying on him.

"He'll be okay." She smiles, grabbing my hand in hers. The whole house felt empty without him and rather ghostly. I'd always liked the medieval theme but in the dark emptiness I couldn't imagine anything worse.

"So, how are things with you and Zayn?" I try lightening the mood. Serena smiled at my question, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Good, he's trying to get me to move in with him." She laughed. They were so obviously in love. He was right for her, I could see it. It was so clear and I'd only known them for so long.

"Well, why don't you?" I smiled back. "Being together for a hundred years, I hardly doubt you'll leave each other any time soon."

"I don't know. I've always been so cautious with my decisions around him. I don't want to do anything because of the bond, I want it to be my own choice." Her smile disappears a little but a smaller one is soon back on her lips.

"So the bonds stays?"

"Always. It's unbreakable." I'm quite shocked at her words. The bond is unbreakable? Maybe I should have thought twice before jumping into things with Harry. But there is no going back and when I think about it I do not regret my decision.

"Oh," Is all I manage. The wind was now blowing rapidly against the windows and rain falling down heavily, creating an even creepier feel. The weather only getting worse by the minute.

"A storm's coming." Serena said, standing up from her chair and walking over to the window. Such a typical thing to say though it felt scarier and more real now, as if she wasn't just meaning the weather. The trees branches whipping wildly and thunder was starting to be heard. I joined her by the window.

"I won't leave tonight if they don't get back." She comforted me by putting an arm around my shoulders. Suddenly the sky lit up by one lighting bolt so bright and striking I could've sworn it was completely straight, right down in the land beneath it. A knock on the door startled us both.

"It's not them." Serena frowns. "I-I would know, I would feel Zayns presence." Her concerned expression worries me. Who else would be here, now?

"Stay here, I'll go open but what ever you do make sure you're not seen." She orders and I do as told, stepping away from the window. I hide behind the wall in the lounge as she walks to the front door. My heartbeat quickens as I hear her open the door.

"Yes?" I heard her confident tone. The weather was almost over powering my hearing to the conversation but not enough so that it wouldn't be audible.

"Is this the residents of a Harry Styles?" A man asked her but I'd recognise that voice anywhere. Before I could stop myself I ran out to the hall.

"Dad!"