Chapter 8 Dinner Guest

"When do you think they're getting here?" I asked Harry who was slaving over the stove. I'd helped him set the table and I was excited yet nervous to meet this mystery girl.

"They shouldn't be too long. Don't worry, I'll hear when they come." He smiled and poured something into a pan which made it sizzle.

"Can't you just tell me who is she is?" I whined to Harry who shook is head at me.

"You're so impatient!" He chuckled at me. All I did was shrug. In the corner of my eye I saw him listen intently to something even though I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

"They're here." He smiled and dragged me out of my seat over to the door. There was a small knock and Harry opened the door to reveal Zayn standing there with a gorgeous young girl. She had dark flawless skin and thick black hair cascading down her back. Her eyes were almost like Zayn except darker yet lighter in a way and her lips full.

"Saoirse, meet Serena." Zayn smiled at me.

"Hi." I said shyly reaching my hand out.

"I thought it would be good if you met someone who'd been fed on too." Zayn explained as the girl inspected me.

"What? Harry feeds on her?" She asked in shock and the boys nodded. "Sorry that was rude. I'm Serena." She smiled and pushed my hand away giving me a hug.

"Are you Zayn's girlfriend?" I asked, since Harry told me to.

"No."

"Yes."

They answered at the same time. The no coming from Serena and yes from Zayn.

"It's complicated." They both said after looking at each other.

"Anyway, since you're obviously being fed on I thought I could help you with that." Serena smiled and I nodded. "Boys, go cook or something." She ushered them away, Zayn kissing her temple before they left.

"Let's go up to your room, I'm hoping the boys don't listen too much." She rolled her eyes and dragged me upstairs. When we came to my room we both sat down on the bed.

"So, how many times has he fed on you?" She wondered, looking me straight in the eyes and getting to the point fast.

"Only once, this morning. I know he'll need to feed again tonight." I explained, remembering how he'd fed off me and he said he didn't want to hurt me, yet it resulted in me begging for him to take my life.

"Okay, I just want you to know it gets less awkward." She smiled and I returned it. I can't believe she'd actually been in my position. "But the bond is going to get stronger each time."

"I don't actually know anything about this bond. Harry hasn't told me a lot, could you please explain?" I begged her, not knowing much about it.

"Well, yours is new and not very strong yet but with each feed it'll get stronger and it's only completely when..." She hesitated but continued. "When you love each other."

"What does that mean? That's it's completed?"

"It means that you are completely bonded. You won't look at other guys the same, Harry would be a god in your eyes. Harry will be the only thing on your mind and all you ever wanted." I could never in a million years imagine that. "But don't worry, the bond doesn't push you to love each other, it can't control love. Mostly trust, comfort, kindness all those sort of things."

"Did Zayn feed off you?" I asked and she nodded.

"He was gonna kill me by draining me in an alley way but it didn't really work out." She laughed.