Chapter 33 Freedom

Birds chirping and the sun finding its way through the windows woke me up. The world was too happy when I wasn't. I missed Harry terribly, yesterday's events playing through my mind. I didn't know what to think of it. What happened with Liam was just a one time thing and to be honest I didn't look into it that much. Harry wasn't always prince perfect and neither was I.

I can't say that I'm proud of what I did but I'm not going to let guilt swallow me alive. For all I know he could be all over Zanita right now, it wouldn't be the first time to happen. Even though I fought the guilt it would stil slip into my feelings. I'm not one who doesn't care of what others think, I'm not someone who can just do whatever they want to do. It bugs so much that I can't just do whatever. A part of me wants to be able to do that.

My flickered over to the door handle which was pressed down, Liam opening it slightly. His smile was smaller than usual and he asked me if he could come in. I nodded as he made his way towards me.

"Una will be coming here later, she's worried about you." He stated, searching for my eyes, but I wouldn't let him. "She's pretty much in charge of the witches in this area. Don't worry she'll take care of you."

I felt this was the only thing I'd done the last two days, sat on my bed talking to Liam. I was glad that that pattern would end today. I felt so hidden, not stepping outside. Liam hadn't actually told me but I knew he was scared for me, he didn't want Zanita to see me. And he certainly didn't want Zanita to know I was here so she could go to Harry with a bunch of lies.

"I'll leave you to get ready." He was fast to excuse himself, seeing I wasn't in the mood to talk. It was easier reading Liam than you'd think. It was clear to me that he was afraid of Harry and especially now after our kiss yesterday. And he didn't seem very fond of Harry either but I knew he was too good of a person to say those words aloud.

When the door had closed behind Liam I got up from the big fluffy bed. My suitcase was small and I didn't have a lot of clothes so I just threw on whatever I hadn't worn yet and put my hair up. I just wanted this day to be over with. My longing for Harry increased by the second but my pull towards him decreased. It didn't actually make any sense but it was how I felt. I was waiting for the day I would see Harry again but I had no idea when that would be.

My reflection in the mirror was like it was when I thought I'd lost my family. Bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep, I hadn't been able to eat anything so I was back to skinny malnourished Saoirse. This was the way I used to look before Harry and I hadn't realised how bad it was until I was unhealthy again. In just two days there was a completely different me.

Sighing at my own reflection I started making my to the door and down the stairs.

Even though I hadn't taken long time to get dressed it seemed as if Una was already here. She was very different from all the other supernatural I've met. She was older, looking around fifty or sixty years old but for all I knew she could might as well be two hundred years old. Her eyes fell onto me, giving me a warm smile.

"You must be Saoirse." She walked up hugging me. I was quite caught of guard but hugged her back. Her clothes weren't of this century anyway. A brown, long, rugged dress clad her thin body. A scarf was resting on her shoulders and several medallions around her neck. Her grey hair was up and away from her face, and small glasses on the bridge of her nose. Compared to Julia, Una actually looked like a witch in old stories.

"I've heard a lot of things and I've been awfully worried about you. The kind of exposure to magic that you've experienced isn't healthy, not to a human anyway." She meant well but I couldn't stand the word human anymore. It was everywhere nowadays. The Human Alliance, a group in the capital trying to murder every supernatural there is, and I'm a human, humans are winning the war, humans are this, humans are that. Im sick of it. The way vampires and witches have been treated by humans makes me not want to be counted as one of them anymore.