Chapter 55 All We Do Is Breathe

Zayn

"I can't believe we're going back home." Serena smiled at me. The small cuts and bruises she'd had from the fighting had almost healed and she was fine. Actually she was more than fine, she was happy and she was finally mine. My whole body was overwhelmed with the fact that everything had ended so perfectly. Well, at least for Serena and I.

"Yeah, and remind me that we need to redecorate the house when we get back." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. I loved how I could just do this now.

"Why?" She gave me a questioning look, leaning further into my side. The cold wind dancing around us.

"Because I want more you in there." I laughed, nuzzling my head in the crook of her neck. A playful giggle erupted from her too as she held me close. I loved this so fucking much, I loved her.

After calming from our little childish outburst, Serena turned serious again.

"Has Louis talked to you anymore about Zanita?" She spoke very quietly, looking around to see if anyone was watching us. We wouldn't want Harry or Saoirse hearing about that there had been a decision they weren't part of.

"No, I left the decision in his hands. I trust that he'll make the right one." I kissed her forehead, breathing in her scent. It was over for now so I didn't want to dwell further on it.

"Okay, well I've got my stuff and our equipment has been given to the rest of the fighters in other cities." Louis came walking towards us, by the cars. "Liam's on his way out here too."

True to his words, Liam was not far behind. The pained expression he wore had been the same since he came out of that smoke. We all felt for him but let him mourn in peace. We knew that if he wanted the comfort he'd come to us but in all my years with him I noticed that this was bad. Similiar to when Olesya left him except this time death was involved.

It felt shit leaving without Julia and it felt shit not having her here. She was so young.

"Hey," I offered Liam a smile. It didn't surprise me that it wasn't returned. It just sucked seeing him like this, he was my best friend out of all the guys. He was suffering so much.

"Hey," It was a burden for him to speak. Death truly was the worst thing known to man and vampire.

"Niall should be here soon with the cure for Harry's shoulder." Louis drew the attention away from Liam, which he greatly appreciated, Louis staring at his watch. "We won't leave until he's back."

"Are Harry and Saoirse on their way?" Serena inquired, looking at any of us for an answer.

"Yeah, I spoke to Harry before coming here." Louis nodded. He was like the teacher on a field trip keeping track of all his students. I couldn't help but laugh at the thought, probably looking like an insensetive bastard.

Una came out of her tent to wish us all a safe journey back home. We all promised to come back soon to help out. I knew Serena was still keen to fight. She told us she was very proud and that maybe finally we'd live freely.

"There's Harry!" I spotted him scurrying over to us, Saoirse sprinting to keep up with his long strides.

"Oh, then you'll all be off." Una hugged us each, bidding us good bye, not forgetting Harry and Saoirse as they joined us.

Una returned to the tent and all we had to do now was wait for Niall to get back with cure. We all made small talk in the group for quite sometime until Saoirse suddenly stiffened, the colour draining from her face.

Saoirse

Realisation flooded through me and I felt everyone's eyes on me, Louis eyeing me extra closely. There was an indescribable emotion coursing through me.