Chapter 44 Go On

Harry

The morning was just as grey as it was yesterday. We all sat in an unbearable silence, all of us deprived of blood.

"You couldn't conjure up some blood could you?" Louis spoke up, looking at Una. We all looked rough as hell, except maybe Zayn. He looked worse, he just wouldn't tell me what was up. Both Louis and I had tried to talk to him but he'd just shake his head. I knew something was up but it pissed me off how he didn't tell his mates about it.

"I don't know and I've never been asked before so I obviously don't have a spell for it." She sighed back, tucking some grey strands of hair behind her ear. "I've already managed to renew this house, I can't do everything."

Una had done a good job though, on the outside the house still looked like shit in case anyone, supernatural, would find it. Which wasn't particularly likely but you can never be too safe.

"There are plenty of fish out in that sea." Julia suggested but then quickly realised that human food wouldn't work on us. She received plenty of sour looks from hungry vampires.

"But seriously what's going on?" Everyone looked at Louis who had snapped a bit. "You're all quiet as fuck. Zayn and Serena, you haven't even looked at each other since you arrived, Liam and Julia are clearly having some kind of hissy fit. It's war and we need to get planning, put your damn personal business behind you for one second." It was odd seeing Lou that way. He was usually all smiles but I was thankful he'd said it.

"He's right." Serena replied. "We need to work together and-" There was a knock on the door. The panic could be felt in the room. The only other people who knew where we were was Louis' driver and the two other witches. The knock was heard again, harder and more impatient. Out of instinct I got up and stood by Saoirse, wrapping my arms tightly around her small frame. If anyone tries to get at her it's over my dead body.

The knocks turned into banging and we all had scared looks on our faces. Whoever was behind the door started tugging at the handle. Saoirse was flinching at the sounds, holding onto me. There was a small sound of a click, and the door slowly opened. I could feel my face drain from staring at the figure in front of us.

"What a dreary morning." I could recognise that London accent in my sleep. "Couldn't you have chosen something a bit nicer?" Zanita groaned, removing the black gloves covering her hands.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Louis almost yelled, fuming at the sight if her.

"Well, after being informed on the little mishap of Saoirse not dying I wanted to know what happened. And thank you Zayn, loyal as ever." She grinned, taking in Zayn with her lustful eyes. All of the attention was on him now. Had he told Zanita!? Anger was filled in his eyes and I knew he'd never do such a thing, Zanita twisting the truth as always.

"So here I am, in this shack." Her expression was disgusted as she looked around the small house.

"How did you even know where we were?" I wondered, my words awfully harsh.

"I just followed Zayn, but of course I didn't come alone." There was another tension in the air as foot steps from outside were heard. In came a head of blond hair and I couldn't believe my eyes.

He came forward, his arm snaking around Zanita's waist as she leaned into him. Liam, Louis, Zayn and I were in shock.

"Hello lads." Niall smiled, removing his sunglasses. "Been awhile."

"Old lady," Zanita looked over at Una before any of us had a chance to react to Niall's sudden appearance. "Go away, please." She smiled cruelly and Una quickly scurried out of the room as if fleeing for her life.