Chapter 45 On A Journey

Saoirse

"There's chaos! This is absolutely fabulous!!" Zanita clapped her hands together, staring happily at the small screen. Maybe after all, she was on our side. I mean, why wouldn't she be? She's a vampire and doesn't want to live under constant threat. But then again, she's evil so I don't know what to expect from her.

"But what are those dog things?" Zayn cringed at the sight if the viscous animals. They were huge, with large teeth and claws. Everything you don't want to see in an animal. They were so eager to unleash their anger and ready jump at someone any second.

"They call them shepherds." Niall explained. "Humans didn't think that a world with witches and vampires existed without werewolves so they created their own. And they're scary as shit and strong. Don't underestimate one." We all saw that he spoke from experience which scared me. I would never want to come face to face with one of those things. Especially since I've just turned. I don't even know what my heightened feeling was let alone could I fight like a vampire.

"Care to explain mate?" Louis gave him a light shove, with a grin plastered on his face.

"Not too proud of it, but I kind of helped make them." He looked away for a moment before seeing our shocked faces. Niall had made one of those?!

"Yeah, they're angry things." He said, lifting his shirt slightly to reveal three large, and I mean large, scars across his stomach. The wounds that had been there had been deep. I'd never see a nothing like it. "They prevent vampire healing."

"How the hell did you make one of them? And more importantly why?" Louis questioned, looking at Niall as if he were an idiot. Which he kind of was for making them. After all they were a huge threat to vampires. Healing was something we all relied on.

"I was employed by the government. Y'know pretending to be a human and all but once I'd created one they'd somehow found out that I was a vampire and they sent my own creation to kill me." The way he talked so cooly about the subject was quite shocking. I felt bad for him though. But what he had to do with the government I did not want to know about.

"Dickhead..." Louis muttered under his breath though with a smile on his face.

"Guys, do you realise how long it's been since we were all together?" Zayn interrupted, the guys looking at each other.

"A fucking long time." Harry chuckled, grinning at his friends. They all seemed so tight, as if nothing had changed even though they hadn't seen each other in years. In my eyes that was true friendship. After being separated nothing had changed.

"Yeah too bad all these chicks are here." Louis joked staring at the couples, everyone having a girl next to them except for him.

"You've got yourself a lass right there." Niall laughed pointing to Una. We all joined in in his laughing except for Louis who just gave him the finger and making sure Una wasn't offended by it, but she just laughed along.

"Liam!" Niall suddenly exclaimed and he jumped a bit. "I met Olesya in Dublin."

Liam and Julia both stiffened at the mention of Liam's wife. Luckily Niall seemed to catch on and didn't bother bringing the subject up again but it had already done its damage. I'd heard that Liam and Julia were in an odd place at the moment, not that I knew why really. Only the parts I'd overheard which didn't really make sense. It made me wonder if there had been something between them.

I felt quite out of place, I mean, most of these people had known each other longer than I'd lived. Except for Julia who was two years older than me and Una who was in her sixties yet she'd known them since she was Julia's age. It was like their reunion and I was just awkwardly placed in the middle. The fact that Zanita was in the same room as me didn't help either. She scared and angered me at the same time. She thought she was so superior to everyone else. And she thought Harry was her possession, even when we'd bonded. It made me wonder where she'd be at the end of this war. Hopefully nowhere near Harry and I but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I wished her dead. I don't think I could ever want someone to die, not even Zanita out of all people.