Chapter 24 Scheming

Several days had passed since Saoirse's encounter with Zanita and I hadn't seen a sign of either of them. But it wouldn't stay that way for long. I'd given Saoirse a reasonable amount of space and it was hard as fuck. But tonight I would see her again. Everything was perfectly planned in my head. She wouldn't see it coming. The only minor problem is her god damned father but he shouldn't be hard to compel.

"Still thinking of lover girl?" Zayn asked casually from my couch, drinking from a suspiciously shaped bottle.

"Very funny. But I have the perfect scheme for a student on my hands." I smirked sitting on the other sofa, opposite him.

"Student?" He raised his eyebrows at me, taking another sip.

"Think about it. She's a blank canvas. Not even eighteen years old. I could do what ever I want to her. Anything that I want." Zayn seemed to be catching on, fixing me a wicked grin.

"But you're not bonded anymore. And what you did to her was pretty low-" I didn't let him finish before starting to explain my brilliant idea of compulsion without actual compulsion.

"Don't you remember when she first got here, all the questions and curiosity?" Zayn nodded and let me continue. "Well there you go. Curiosity is key, I already started experimenting with her before all this. She won't be able to say no."

"Zanita's a bitch, man." He laughed after a whiles silence. I only glared at him for enjoying my problems.

"Thank you for stating the truth." I rolled my eyes at him, before bidding him good bye. My plan needed to take place.

I found myself staring up at that window. That damn window to that damn dull room that wasn't her. I reached forward, grabbing the drainage me pulling myself up to the slightly opened window. Th darkness made it harder to see into the room until a small light was flicked on. Faint singing could be heard from inside, a fire igniting in my stomach. The girl with the brown locks was in there. The same girl that had been haunting my dreams for the last couple of nights. The singing became quieter and I peeked into the room. Empty.

This was my opportunity to climb inside, casually leaned against the wall next to the window as if I'd been there all along. And it didn't take long for her to return to the horribly lit room. As her eyes landed on me a gasp escaped her mouth and the folded clothes in her hands fell to the floor. The shock in her eyes was quickly replaced with anger.

"No, get out." She strongly ordered, though her voice cracking at the end of her statement.

"Saoirse, please...." I begged, grabbing her upper arms before she could try to push me out of the opening in the wall.

"You made it pretty clear how things between you and me were, so get out." She whispered angrily. Her father was near, I could sense it. He was not ruining my plan.

"Just breathe, don't you want an explanation?" I asked, still holding her.

"Zanita gave me a pretty good one so no-" Hearing that name aggravated me and motivated me more to get Saoirse back to me.

"Really? You're going to listen to her? After our bond, after we actually had a connection outside of the bond?" I pretended to act hurt about our broken bond and I saw her eyes soften a little.

"It obviously wasn't that relevant since it hardly took anything for you to betray me that way." And once again she became stone cold toward me. I really had to get her father out of the picture before things would start to happen.

"Then let me make it up to you. All I'm asking for is five minutes, just let me explain." I begged, staring deeply into her eyes. She showed no sign of emotion, though I knew she would soon soften. "Please?"

A heavy sigh left her mouth as she crossed her arms over her chest, me taking it as a yes. Before she could notice I ran down stairs compelling her father to stay put until the morning and not come upstairs or ask questions. I was back at Saoirse's side in a second.

"Harry what-" I crashed my lips onto hers, the softness hitting me all the way to the bone. Her hands flew up to my chest trying to push me away, keeping her lips in a straight line. She was acting more stubborn than I expected but I accepted the challenge. My tongue ran across her soft plump lips, feeling them relax a bit against mine. I let my fingers caress her bare thigh, all the way up to her pyjama shorts and before I knew it her lips were working against mine. Her hands didn't agree as fast as her lips but slowly made their way around my neck. Pushing my tongue into her mouth sent sparks through my body and excitement to the core. Her petite hands pushing my thick coat off my shoulders and resting there.

Walking forward making her legs hit the end of her bed. The small intake of air, signalled insecurity but I wrapped my arms around her feeling her once again relax. My hands never let go of her small body, placing her down on the mattress. Saoirse's hands moved to my face caressing it softly though keeping her movements with her mouth rough. My weight rested my elbows and the rest of me between her legs. As I felt myself not being able to wait any longer, I let my hand slip down spreading her legs wider. This seemed to knock some sense into her as I was immediately pushed away.

"What are you doing?" She yelled, fuming. "You come in here and try to use me for sex?"

"No, I just went crazy. I've missed you so much! Do you know how lonely it's been without you?" I yelled back, standing in front of her.

"You liar! Zanitas probably been satisfying your every need!" She practically screamed in my face.

"What are you talking about? As soon as I left this house I found myself pushing her to the ground threatening to kill her if she ever came near you or me again! I haven't seen the bitch ever since!" Silence filled the room as soon as the words had left my mouth.

"You've been alone all this time?" She asked me quietly.

"Yes, fuck yes. And it's so fucking lonely without you." I dropped to my knees in front of her. I will do anything to have her lips on mine again.

"Should have thought about that before you jumped into bed with Zanita..." She shot back though with hesitation.

"I can't say I'm only human, because I'm not. But everybody makes mistakes. I've already told you, I hate that woman." Saoirse would eventually come around and I was just sitting here waiting for it, saying what she wanted to hear.

"You don't sleep with people you hate." If I didn't manage convince her, it would be a lost cause.

"Saoirse, if I didn't care would I be here right now begging you for forgiveness?" I kneeled down in front of her and she looked me deeply in the eyes. Her expression softened slightly as I took her hands in mine. "She's gone now. It's just you and I."

I leaned further up, carefully connecting her lips to mine. She didn't push me away. My heart clenched at the evil in me. Using her would come back to bite me.

"Do you love me?" I asked her. She looked up at me. The guilt wasn't just nagging my heart, it was swallowing it. But humans a vampire property. No, they're not.

"I wouldn't be this hurt if I didn't." She whispered, a single tear falling down her cheek. I could almost hear her jumbled thoughts. I kissed her forehead and lingered there. I've got her where I want. Her pale cheek was black from make up, the whole house quiet. There was nothing I needed that's somewhere else. Vampires should not love humans, I tell myself. When I'm away from her I manage to tell myself that I'll use her, I'll pretend, I won't actually feel the way that I pretend to. But now that I'm here with her, it's not lies, I'm not using her.

In these moments I would see how fragile she really was. When I did not see this side of her I could plan using her and lying to her but when I do see it all my frightening thoughts drift away. Zanita was never like this. She was never fragile, she always had the upper hand. There's never a moment that doesn't go the way she wants. She's drifted away from reality and into her own world.

"Why would she do this?" I had once again disappeared into thought, having Saoirse's soft voice bring me back to now.

"She's a sick person. Jealous, evil and selfish. She always tries to make out that you to are similar in ways but- No you're so much better than her and-" Her lips pressed against mine. The innocence in her kiss mesmerized me as I forgot about my so called scheme for just one night.