Afternoons

~Cody's POV~
Hayley closed her door and I started the car.
"Where we going?" she asked.
"Oh, places" I smiled.
"Like, what places?"
"Places with things and stuff"
She laughed, and switched her focus to out the window. The drive was pretty much silent. Hayley had been distant the whole time really. Whatever the reason, I was going to fix it. She wasn't super distant, she did cuddle, kiss and talk, she just, was a closed book. But it didn't bother me really. It's was how she was.
"You alright?" I asked.
"Hm, yeah, I'm fine" she replied.
"You sure?"
"Yeah"
I nodded.
•••
"Ma'lady" I smirked, holding open the door.
"Thank you sir" she laughed, walking in. I followed behind her and sat in the seat next to her. I made myself comfy and closed my eyes.
"You can't sleep!" Hayley wined.
"Why not?" I asked.
"It's the movies! You're meant to watch a movie"
"Who said?"
"Please?"
"Okay, I'll try stay awake"
"Yay!"
I smiled and she got excited like a little kid in a candy store. I held her hand and relaxed in my seat. The previews began and I closed my eyes.
"You're always tired" Hayley muttered.
"I'm sorry, I can't stay awake in the cinemas" I whispered.
"How? The movies pretty loud and bright"
"Honestly, I don't know"
Hayley sighed and sunk down in her seat. That look that she had been giving since I first saw her. That, distant look.
•••
We walked out of the cinema and toward the exit. I noticed the waiting area was empty and pulled Hayley to it.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing" she mumbled.
"No, tell me"
"How would you even know something's wrong?"
"You're distant. You always have been. I want to know why. I want to bring a smile to your pretty face"
Hayley smiled, but I could see the falseness in it.
"Please?" I asked, looking deep into her eyes. She sighed and sat down.
"Since I was I little, I never really had many friends. Sure, now I have Liyah and other people but, it's hard. I try to make friends, but I always fuck it all up"
I looked at her, taking in everything she said. Hayley stood up and faced her back to me.
"I'm used to fucking everything up. I couldn't even watch a movie with you right"
I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"I promise, I'll change that. You can't fuck up with me" I whispered, kissing her cheek.
~
~
~
Hey guyssss.

WE HIT 16K READS!!!!!!
I was so happy to see that!!!

Hope y'all enjoy the chapter!!

I love you all!!

Byeeeeeeeee