Darkness Chapter One

The only light in the dark night of Ainton was the little embers emitting from Var's bare palm. He'd become weak. Not a flame dared to light, no matter how hard he'd try. Embers would form, then fall to the ground. The grass below was long dead. A gust of wind blew, pushing his longish hair back.
"If it weren't for the embers, I wouldn't be able to spot you" Dorris spoke up. Var smiled cheekily his way.
"Only my hair blends in, my friend. You would spot me without the embers of failure"
Dorris clicked his tongue, watching each ember pop up like popcorn. Var assumed he'd used up his energy too much for his abilities to work. But it just didn't add up.
"Your energy isn't used up by use, Var, it's used up by simply the day" Dorris sighed. Var had known, but he'd never been this weak. He hadn't even bothered to visit the lord today.
"Hatharion has a message for you" Dorris smirked. Var had already known about this. He knew what the letter would consist of and he was expecting near to no detail of it. Dorris handed over a sealed letter and vanished. Var needn't open the letter. He was aware of the Night Girl and knew his mission. But he still opened and read it.
Our dear friend Var,
Quite upset I didn't see your face today. The Night Girl has struck yet again and I'm fed up. Finish what she started and quickly too, I don't want to hear of her once more. If I do, it won't be just her head on a platter.
Signed,
Lord Hatharion.
Var shuddered and folded the letter. He hadn't an interest for killing this girl. After all, she was doing what he wanted to do for years now. Kill off the royals. But instead, Var worked for them. The lowest of them, but it still counted. He hated the idea of killing a person, but he knew that it was his life on the line. But before the chase would commence, Var needed training. He needed to master his abilities before even considering a chase. He felt a burning on his hand. A flame was lit. The letter was gone.
"So, it took Hatharion's words to start a flame?" Dorris asked. All Var did, all he could do, was nod.
"She's after Myth" Dorris muttered.
"Of course she is, tell Hatharion to keep Myth hidden until I begin" Var commanded. Dorris vanished once again, leaving Var to his now growing flame and thoughts.

•••

So that's all so far, obviously I need to write more but tell me what you think!!

I love you all💘