Reunited

Hayley's POV:
Cody opened the door. I was intrigued to see who it was, so I joined him at the door. It was Daniel. My Daniel.
"D-daniel?" I spoke, mentally choking myself for stuttering.
"Hey" he smiled. I couldn't move. I was looking at Daniel. Daniel. My Daniel. I was frozen with happiness.
"It's, uh, been a while hey?" Daniel smiled awkwardly.
"Y-yeah, been a long time" I smiled small. Cody looked at us suspiciously, jealousy spreading over his face. I pushed it behind me, letting overwhelming happiness flood me. I wanted to hug Daniel. I wanted to hug him and never let go.
"I've, uh, missed you" Daniel smiled.
"I, missed you too" I smiled back. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I ran up to him, throwing my arms around his neck. He hugged me tightly. I nuzzled into his neck, taking in the smell I knew all to well.
"Okay, couldn't someone explain what the hell is going on?" Cody snapped. I let go of Daniel, and walked back into the house.
"Well, Daniel, this is my boyfriend Cody" I smiled.
"Boyfriend?" Daniel asked. Cody's face tightened, anger rising in the his face.
"Is that an issue?" he snapped.
"Not at all, as long as you don't hurt her" Daniel smiled sweetly.
•••
"So, where have you been?" I asked.
"As you know, I was a miner. One day, down in the mines, the cave collapsed in. We were trapped for a while, with our water bottle that was half full. We were down there for a week, before I fell and hit my head. We were found and brought to the surface. I ended up with temporary amnesia" Daniel explained.
"Temporary amnesia? For 7 years?!?"
"Well, not exactly"
"What do you mean, not exactly?"
"I only had the amnesia for 2 years"
"And the other 5?"
"I spent looking for a job, house, so that when I found you, we could live happily again"
I smiled. He had spent all those years, trying to make a happy life, so when we were to meet again, I could be happy. We could be happy.
"Okay, but who are you?" Cody asked, repeatedly squeezing my hand.
"I'm Daniel" Daniel smiled.
"Daniel?"
"Hayley's older brother"

Hello, it's me.

Omg.
I updated again.
Oh mah GAWSH

;) I just couldn't leave you on such a cliff hanger for so long.

Ahahahah

I love you💘