Chapter 1-The Long Goodbye

"Do you really have to go?" I whimper to Harry as I cradle Dylan and watch him pack.

"Well, I could stay here and risk having everyone hate me."

"At least then you'd be here with me......"

'We'll make this work......." Harry whispers as he leans in to kiss my temple, "I promise."

"How?" I ask.

"I'll fly home to visit you whenever I can. The boys can go out partying all they want, I won't be going because I'll be busy catching a flight back here to see you."

I place Dylan down on Harry's bed and then Harry scoops him up and cradles him. He's really gonna miss Dylan.......

I give Harry a gentle hug, feeling tears forming in my eyes.

"Please don't go......." I whisper.

"Do you not trust me or something?" Harry asks.

"I do......." I trail off.

I sit down on the edge of Harry's bed, reminiscing all of the memories that the two of us have shared together. I just hope we don't lose that...........

"Harry......you OK?" I ask, "you seemed to have tensed up a bit."

"I'm fine," he mutters while looking down at the floor.

"It's gonna be fine. Just relax."

I pull Harry down next to me so we're sitting next to each other. He kisses me and I blush at the fact that he's so in love with me. I lie down on the bed for one final time and Harry climbs on top of me.

"You have no idea how badly I want this........" I hear Harry mumble.

Harry balances himself on his elbows and presses his lips to mine once again. I hear the sound of the front door opening and then remember that the boys have to go, but Harry doesn't seem to care.

"Harry......" I whisper.

"Not now," he shushes me.

And then suddenly, it's almost as though he changed. From eyes burning with passion, they fill with regret. Without hesitation, he crawls off the bed, grabs his suitcases, and sprints out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. Great..........I scared him away......

"So much for a proper goodbye......." I mumble to myself, "bye Harry......."

Well, I'm mad at him now.......

I decide to go back downstairs to go see if the boys have left yet and when I come downstairs, I realize that they have. I notice Eleanor sitting out on the floor in the living room playing with Casey, so I decide to go join her.

"I miss them already......" Eleanor sighs.

"Harry didn't even say goodbye," I mumble.

"Why? What happened?"

"I don't know exactly. We were in bed cuddling and then he.....freaked out I guess and left. He just grabbed his bags and left."

"Wow.......That's pathetic. What kind of boyfriend doesn't say goodbye?" Eleanor asks.

"Harry apparently. I'm mad at him now," I respond.

"I don't blame you. You have every right to be angry with him."

"I just don't understand what happened. What made him just run off like that?" I wonder.

"Maybe he forgot that he was leaving for tour," she suggests.

"No, actually, he seemed really excited to go."

"That's because he loves what he does," she tells me, "he wanted to go just as bad as Louis did."

"Why? What happened?" I ask. I'm actually a little happier now that we're talking about Louis instead of Harry.

"He packed, said goodbye, and left. That's it. He didn't sit and chat for one second. When he finished packing, he kissed Casey and I, said goodbye, and out the door he went," Eleanor explains.

"Well at least Louis said goodbye....." I mumble.

"Don't let it get to you Liz. The boys usually try to Skype with us every night."

"And what does that have to do with anything?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"Maybe Harry can explain what happened and apologize," she suggests.

"Knowing Harry he'll be out getting drunk," I mutter.

"Ohhhh. I see what's going on here."

"What?"

"You don't trust him completely yet. You two literally just got together and now he's leaving you. You're afraid that he ran off so quickly because he's eager to go out partying every night with girls. You think he's gonna cheat. Liz, you gotta have a little faith in Harry. He really, really cares about you. I don't think he'd go and cheat," Eleanor explains.

Those words right there are the words that I could never find. I could never explain them. That sums up exactly what I'm feeling right now. For once, Eleanor is right.

"I'm gonna assume from the silence that I'm right. Right?" Eleanor asks. I nod as a response, "I knew it. I'm a genius. Score one for Eleanor!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're right. Big deal," I mutter.

"Just Skype with Harry tonight. Give him a chance to explain himself."

"But what if he doesn't come on or doesn't wanna talk?" I ask.

"Honey," Eleanor begins as she places her hand on my shoulder, "the man is madly in love with you. I'm sure he's gonna take time out of his schedule to talk to you."

"I'll make you a deal," I explain, "I'll Skype with Harry if you Skype with Louis."

"Do we have to be doing this on the same computer as a group chat or can we chat privately?" Eleanor asks.

"Privately. I'm sure Harry's not gonna feel like talking about it in front of his best friend," I answer.

"Then it's a deal," Eleanor states.