anxiety » e.d

your pov

i walk into school, my head tucked down and a hoodie over my head. my anxiety rising just by stepping into the public building.

people walked by, bumping my shoulder, making my heart race faster, my breathing quickening.

i wanted to go to ethan, my only friend since i was little. the only one who knew and cared of my anxiety disorder.

yes, disorder.

he was a bad boy, a player and hated by the girls who couldn't get in his pants.

the reason i came to school was to see him, since we were no longer neighbours, and we weren't young anymore. he went out to parties and had a life of his own.

whereas i couldn't even step foot into a house with booming music, reeking alcohol or heaps of people.

he was probably talking with his friends, other prettier girls. prettier then me.

insecurities, one of my other many traits.

another reason i came was to see him, not like before. my heart leaped every time i saw him, the way his messy long hair would look naturally. a crush.

but i loved him. love.

sure i was too young to know what love was, but i could feel it within me.

but he would never feel the same. he'd be embarrassed if somebody found out he was my only resort.

every period before class, i'd meet him in a secret room, he'd help me calm down. always.

i walked, feeling tingles run up my leg with every hit my foot took to the ground.

++

ethan's pov

i could see her as she walked through the halls, as i chatted with my friends.

"i'm going to go," i tell them.

they hum and bid me goodbye before i walk away.

i jogged through the halls and peeked through the secret room, the room i was shared by my father as he was the principal.

i saw her pacing around, breathing heavily, fiddling with her hands.

i stepped in, shutting the door, she jumped and walked over quickly, pulling me into a hug. i could feel her heart beating against my chest.

my love for her so heavy my heart broke at her panicking.

"i love you," i whispered to her, hugging her tightly.

she looked up at me, her eyes widening. her hands gripping on both sides of my face and slowly, pressing her lips against mine.

___

this is so trashy I'm sorry