boxer » g.d

it's beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success.

your pov

one. two. three punches. i grunt with every twist and turn as i stood in the boxing ring, my trainer holding up items.

"good," he says, he punches forward, making me duck down, kicking him in the back of his legs, making him fall. i rest my foot on his back.

"take a break," he says, i nod my head, pulling out my mouth guard, walking over the rings, hopping on the floor. i place my mouth guard in my case, unwrapping my bandages, removing my gloves first, of course.

i take a sip of water, looking at the entrance. a group of three guys enter, one shirtless. sweat makes my skin glisten.

one glances at me, defined abs and a blonde streak.

the guys rest their things on the bench, putting their punching gloves on, no bandages.

"you should fight one of them," my co-worker says, i chuckle at him, shaking my head, "maybe the one who's staring at you." I glance over, catching the guy with the blond streak looking at me.

"If i fight him he'll trample me."

"you're good," he says. i thank him.

"will you give me twenty dollars?" I ask him, he laughs, nodding his head.

i stand up, "I'm going to need more than that to pay for my medical bills."

"have fun, (y/n)." he says, pulling out his phone, ready to record.

i walk over to them, the one guy looks at me as i walk over.

"um hi," i say, resting my hands together, "so, i saw you looking at me." the guy raises his eyebrow, "do you wanna fight or something?"

"what?" he asks, his friend chuckling behind him. "no, sorry, i don't fight girls."

"what? do you think you'll win?"

cause that's what I think.

"no, i just don't want to hurt you."

"c'mon, it'll be fun. or just don't go as hard, then."

he sighs, "sure." i perk up, smiling.

"go to the ring when you're ready." I say, pointing to the ring in the centre.

he nods his head, I walk away, his voice stopping me, "i'm grayson."

"i'm (y/n)."

++

i step onto the ring, watching as sam records the video, grayson's guy friends watching the match.

"i'm not sure-"

"shut up." I tell him. "just simple punching and kicking, okay?" i clarify, hoping it'll clear his hesitation.

"fine," he says, nodding his head.

i get into position and suddenly sam yells, "go!"

i swoop in, landing a punch on his stomach, he grunts slightly, he punches me in the side, making me grunt.

fuck.

he was open for a second and I punched him several times in the same spot.

he punches forward, making me duck.

déjà vu hit as i ducked under, kicking harshly behind his leg, making him fall.

I fall over top of him, my legs straddling his back as i weakly punch his back.

I'd say, he did get many punches on me and I know I'd be slightly bruised tomorrow.

"whoo!" I cheer, pumping my fists in the air.

"fuck," he mumble beneath me.

"go (y/n)!" sam cheers, laughter mixing with his voice.

I get off him, sticking my hand out. he just laid there, "cmon big guy."

he turns his head, reaching for my arm. he stands up and i give him a high five.

"good job," I tell him, "that was fun."

"yeah. you're pretty good," i sit on the small ropes, my head on one side and my leg outside of the ring.

I smile, looking up at him.

"thank you."

____

this is short and sweet oh wheteva, I would never have the confidence to go up to someone and ask them to fight. honestly, and realistically, Grayson probably would've won.

but imagine, that you win baha