bad girls » e.d

girls just wanna have fun

ethan's pov

i watched from the corner, tears slipping from my eyes as i watched her repetitively punched him in the face. she grasped his chin, "if you dare lay a finger on him again," she pushed him down, resting her foot on his stomach.

"i'll come back at you," she added pressure, making him groan in pain, "two times worse."

he mumbled something, "got it?" she asked. he nodded his head.

"great making business with you, daniels." then she walked away.

your pov

it hurt me. everytime he was bullied, the scars left all over him, because of these horrible people.

but you were once one, too.

i could hear small sniffles, i raised my eyebrows, turning towards the noise.

as I turned, i could see him, his head in his hands as he cried.

"oh god, ethan." I mumbled, bending down and wrapping my arms around him.

"w- why'd you have to- to do that?" he asks, "why'd you have to H- hit him?"

"he hit you, baby. it's over, c'mon."

++

the drive to his house was awkward. silence wasn't broken, and the air was so thick.

"i'm sorry," i told him, he looked at me, his eyes still had the glare of tears.

"it's okay. j- just please, st-stop," he looked away from me, out the window instead.

"i'll try. but it hurts. it hurts to see you like that," i tell him, grabbing his hand. "i'm a bad person... a bad girl,"

"i'm sorry." I put the car in park and we sat in the car.

"l- love you," he mumbles, pain on his face.

"i love you too, ethan."

"it hurts me," he hesitates for a moment, "to see you like that. rude, merciless."

"i know." i pause, shutting my eyes, "i know,"

"but- but we always have each other's backs. i- i suppose that's what y-you did."

"t- thank you,"

but i know i didn't make him happy.

i never could.

____

WHOS GONNA KISS YOU WHEN IM GONE? crying, i have so much appreciation for that song