Chapter 3 | Un-Freaking-Believable

I kept wiping my lips and retching in disgust, thinking of the tragedy that just happened in the hallway back there as I climbed up the staircase. Then, a truck load of realisation hit me in all of a sudden.

His breath.

Scotch.

Kissing.

My lips.

My eyes widened in surprise and a gasp of stupefaction escaped through my mouth when I realised that there was a high percentage of possibility that my mouth could smell like scotch. I stopped in the mid of the stairway and cupped my mouth as well as my nose with my hand then exhaled and sniff my breath to ensure my worry.

Shoot!

I groaned in frustration after doing so. How did this happen?! What should I do now? If Ben found out that I just got kissed again in a party, I'd no longer be around Tyler and Max. And if that happened, I'd be friendless because they were my only friends.

But no worries, Lennox. Ben would not know this. Oliver would call me if he was on his way and I just had to pretend that I was asleep in my room once I got back before him. Now, all I had to do was to find Tyler and then just drive back home right away.

Once I was on the first floor where there was a family room and less number of people up here, mostly playing snooker, I caught a sight of Max from afar, sitting amid of bottles of Jack Daniel's on a coffee table alone, drinking one of them and he was shirtless—probably, he'd thrown his shirt somewhere.

I shook my head, looking at how depressed he was. He just broke up a month ago with my dear Mexican friend, Cece whom was currently taking a stroll around Pachuca de Soto. She didn't want to have a long distance relationship since she had a trust issue with him. So, she broke him up.

Now, look at what she've done.

When I approached him, he looked up at me and gave me his goofy smile with his heavy sleepy eyes.

"Lenny!" Max greeted with his arms wide open. "C'mere and sit," he patted the space next to him.

I did as what he wanted me to then he leant closer towards me, sniffing.

"Girrrrrrl, you...just drank my favourite drink," he slurred, poking my cheek with his forefinger.

"I did not," I shook my head. "I'm still seventeen, remember?"

"You're a rebel," my friend nudged my arm with his elbow. "Illegal drinking."

"Whatever," I muttered.

Suddenly, Max threw his arms at me, wrapping them around my waist and placed his cheek on my shoulder.

"I mish you, fwen" he closed his eyes.

"I miss you too, buddy," I patted his head. "Although, we've seen each other around for almost everyday."

"You're not going to Mexico, right?" He looked at me.

"Why would I?"

"If you leave me and Tyler, we will..." those were the only words I heard from him, then the rest of his sentence were inaudible as he mumbled.

"Speaking of Tyler, where is he?" My brows furrowed, seeing Tyler wasn't around here after hours of searching for him.

"That dude?" Max snorted, lifting his cheek off my shoulder and arching his eyebrows at me before he pointed at the hallway with many doors. "He's in heaven, having fun with an angel."

"What?" I uttered in complete disbelief.

Why did he ask me to come to this stupid crazy party with drunk animals scattering around and got me kissed with a douchebag when he was actually having his hours of disgusting 'enjoyment' in one of the rooms with a girl? This was utterly useless for me to come here.

Unbelievable.

"I have to go now," I told Max then I rose to my feet and went downstairs immediately in haste without looking back.

As I reached the ground floor where the party was still wild, I could feel that my phone was vibrating inside my pocket and I knew that indicated someone was calling me. I fished it out of my pocket and glanced at the caller ID before I answered the phone call while making my way to somewhere quiet, so I could hear the voice of the caller clearly.

"Hey, Oliver. I'm going—"

"Lennox...!" was the only audible word I could hear for now.

"What?! I can't hear you!" I raised my voice, pushing people out of my way as I struggled to get to an exit door.

"Lennox...!" Again, I couldn't hear a word other than that.

"Wait, I just need to get out of here first," I said.

When I finally escaped from this place of madness, I asked Oliver once again what was he actually trying to say.

"So, what was it you want to say?" I queried.

"What Oliver was trying to say is...," my eyes enlarged as soon as Ben's soft and sweet soothing voice pricked my ear. "...you need to get your ass back here in ten minutes and you better—" He yelled.

I hung up my phone right away before he could finish his words.

"I am so busted," I spoke to myself, still in the state of shock after hearing Ben's voice.

"Jerk!" A sudden shout of anger from the sidewalk nearby drew my attention.

My eyes wandered around to find where it came from and eventually, I caught a sight of Luke and a girl whom seemingly was mad—probably because of 'the kiss' just now.

"Why did you kiss her? What does she have that I don't?" She fired her questions at him.

But Luke just simply shrugged nonchalantly with his hands in his pockets, acting so casual.

"I'm so upset with you, Luke. I'd never thought you would be a typical player just like the other guys," she shook her head.

"You came to me, begged my aunt to make me date you and now, you're upset?" He raised an eyebrow. "Who's the person to blame here?"

"You..." the girl clenched her fist, pointing her forefinger at him furiously but couldn't find any words that would knock him out. "I've had enough of you. You're going to walk back home."

Then, she stormed off the pavement and went to where she parked her car, leaving him standing there all alone with me still staring at them from afar.

When Luke turned his head to look at me as if he knew that I'd been watching the whole situation from the beginning, a grin spread across his lips devilishly.

And that was my cue to leave quickly. I didn't want him to jump into my car for a free ride.

Hell, nor did I want to have a jackass in my passenger seat.