Chapter 35 | Professional Liars

Max lent me his t-shirt since my shirt was smelly and full of stains. I knew those stains would be hard to wash and Ben would be extremely mad if he saw this shirt which was why I threw it away before I made my way to the principal's office.

The moment I pushed open the door to Mr Bonnano's office, I saw a man sitting in front of a desk, watching a video from the surveillance camera in the cafeteria in Mr Bonnano's laptop. My eyes enlarged in surprise to see my foster dad was here, looking at the fight I was in just now.

"Ah, here she is," Mr Bonnano gladly announced my presence. "Please join us, Miss Renovales."

I stared at Ben who had his eyes looking daggers at me as I seated myself down on the chair next to him. What the hell was he doing here? Why did this Mr Banana have to call Ben to come here? We could simply sort this out without involving parents.

"Well, since you've seen what your daughter just did in the cafeteria," the principal entwined his fingers together and placed his hands on his desk. "We have no choice but to suspend her—"

"What?!" I abruptly raised my voice, earning the sound of clearing throat from Ben.

"...for two weeks due to the violence she has caused in the cafeteria," the man behind the desk continued his sentence.

"Alice started all of this, you can't just suspend me like that!" With no manners, I stood up angrily and protested.

"Sir, don't you think suspension is a bit too much?" Ben tried to help me from getting suspended.

"I'm afraid not, Mr Renovales," Mr Bonnano said. "She started the fight and inflicted physical injury towards the student she was fighting with. Detention class won't be enough for her. There's a high percentage of posibility that she might continue doing it again."

Ben glared at me then I told him, "She started it! She dressed up like me and got onto my nerves!"

"I think we're done here," my foster dad spoke to me. "Thank you, Mr Bonnano."

The principal just nodded, happy to see my absence in this school for two weeks as Ben stood up and grabbed my arm then hauled me out of this office furiously.

He dragged me all the way to the hallway downstairs where we almost reached my locker.

"Why in the world did you do that?" Ben put his hands on his hips as we stopped a few distance away from my locker. "I was at home, trying to help Sara with the invitation cards and suddenly got a phone call from this school, telling me that my daughter was caught fighting with a student in the cafeteria."

"It was clearly not my fault!" I argued.

"Do you know that your action can take you into custody?" He frowned.

"She started the fight—"

"Stop blaming the other person," he put in irately.

"Why can't you be on my side for once?! I'm tired of getting rebuke by you for every single thing that I've done!" I retorted lividly.

The man looked at me for a few seconds before he extended out his hand towards me, "Let's talk at home. Give me your key, I'll drive."