Chapter 40 | The Other Way Around

[A/N]: Please forgive me for disappearing again. I just got accepted into a new school (which I'm not really excited or happy about it. Lol) , so...I'm going to be extremely busy and the update is going to be pretty slow. I'll try my best to get this story done ASAP and try to fix any spelling or grammar errors (if I have the free time to do so). I understand if you're mad because of the slow updates. I feel ya and I've been there too ;) but, please. Bear with me, my dear readers.

If you've forgotten any of the characters or got confused with the plots, feel free to ask me :) I'll guide you. I'm certain that you'll be puzzled since I took such a long time to update and some of the characters are rarely showed up. XD tbh, I kinda forget some of the plots tho.

Okay, now. Enough with the talk and let's get lost in an unknown world where it only exists in your head once you start reading. Enjoy it!

xoxo,
Idah Hamdani :p

* * *

Luke parked his bike in a driveway of an old, creepy and deserted house that was situated right next to Alice's then he got off his bike after taking off his helmet while looking at the wide open sash window that apparently led to Alice's room.

"It's our lucky night," he said as I was joining him, viewing the window with my helmet was still on.

"Thank goodness for that," I beamed behind the helmet shade.

"Yeah," Luke helped me with this stupid helmet I could never know how to unbuckle it. "But we have to confirm her position first before we sneak into her room."

"Well, I'm sure she's currently planning something mischievous to do since I just got kicked out of the school for two weeks in her room," I fixed my hair just as soon as my head was released from the confinement of that helmet.

"Mom, I'm just heading to Tyler's house!" Alice's loud voice from her porch startled the both of us.

Donovan instantly grabbed my hand and hauled me toward a line of dense bushes nearby Alice's porch then dove into it to keep us out of her sight.

"You should stop hanging out with that boy, Alice! Just look at yourself now," her mom shouted from the doorway of their front door.

"There's nothing wrong with myself," she argued with her mom as she walked toward Tyler's house next door.

"You better be back before dinner!" Was her mom's last words before she went back into the house.

And this was a perfect moment for me and Luke to sneak into Alice's bedroom.

Luke observed the surroundings to find something for us to climb on and reached for our destination while my eyes stuck at the view of Alice knocking on Tyler's front door, just to ensure that my friend was still keeping his promise. The moment Tyler's mom pulled open the door, Luke suddenly patted my shoulders, dragging my attention away then pointed at the vine on the wall that led to Alice's window.

"Let's go," he grasped my hand and hauled me toward the vines quickly before someone could notice our unwanted presences. As much as I wanted to stay there and see if Tyler would ever want to talk to her or not just as he promised, I had to focus on my main goal tonight.

"Is it safe?" I asked him, staring at the vine that grew all the up to the roof.

"I'll catch you if you fall, don't worry," Luke said with his voice full of confidence.