Chapter 57 | Is Everything Okay Now? Nope.

Ben and Sara were finally back from their honeymoon trip to Venice. And Oliver and I had cleaned up the whole house twenty-four hours before they got back home. Well, more like, he begged me to help him clean up the house. At first, I managed to ignore him begging on his knees, rocking my legs back and forth in the middle of the driveway when I was about to walk away from him. But the moment he cried for my help at the top of his lungs shamelessly, drawing all the attentions from our neighbours, saying that he would do anything for me, I eventually came to a decision to help him clearing up his mess. I wouldn't miss such a chance as this. This was a huge opportunity for me to break any of Ben's rules. Because his own friend just promised to do anything for me.

"The house looks surprisingly good," Ben surveyed his surroundings. He looked at the living room and then at the kitchen before his eyes landed on me and Oliver whom were standing still in front of him, acting all nonchalant. Ben narrowed his eyes, "Suspiciously good."

"Oh. C'mon, honey. Give 'em a break," Sara placed her hand on her husband's shoulder. "At least the house is in apple-pie order."

Yet, Ben still had his eyes glaring at us, eyeing both me and Oliver from the top of our heads until the end of our toes in suspicion. He would certainly not believe any of us if we told him that we didn't break any of his rules before he was gone for his honeymoon with his wife. Seemingly, not even his own friend since he wanted to have a talk with him in his study room.

Oliver looked at me sideways and discreetly mouthed "help me" before he followed Ben down the hallway where his study room was.

I hoped he came out of there alive.

On the spur of the moment, Sara dragged me up to my room enthusiastically, then locked the door as soon as we were inside. I knew she was probably going to tell me about what happened in Venice, in which I was neither excited nor curious to know anything about it.

"If you're going to fill me in with your 'romantic' honeymoon adventure in Venice, please rip my ears off before you start," I said impassively as I went to sit on my bed, leaning my back against the wall behind me and extended my legs without taking off my shoes.

Sara shook her head as she approached me and seated herself down beside my legs, facing herself toward me, "Nah. It's PG 18."

I rolled my eyes at her for insulting my age. I was only weeks away from being 18. And so as Christmas.

"Then why are we here?" I asked.

A creepy grin made its way across Sara's lips while she held my hands, "I know you've been sleeping at Luke's house for the entire week we were gone."

My brows furrowed, acting like her statement confused me, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Lennox, don't try to lie to me. I know everything about it," she huffed. "Diane told me that you were nowhere around here when Oliver invited her to stay in this house."

"So, you assumed I was at Luke's place?" My face remained expressionless.

"I don't assume," she did the air quotation marks with her fingers as she emphasised the last word in her sentence before she continued, "I'm beginning to have that motherly instinct to know that you were with your boyfriend. Am I right?"

I raised one of my eyebrows, "And you're gonna tell Ben about this?"

"Girl, a week with Ben in Venice doesn't change me to be a rat. Of course, I'm not gonna tell him a thing about this," she rolled her eyes. Then, she began to poke my arm playfully with a teasing smile. "So...are you going to tell me about it?"