Chapter 22 | What...The Hell?

Today was the day that Max and I were supposed to be the sham couple. We planned everything out; how to react when we saw her new boyfriend, what were we supposed to do afterwards and how were we going to survive for two whole damn weeks being in a fake relationship just for this stupid jealousy game.

Other than that, I didn't know why Luke was in on this. He said he would be following us wherever we went to once we began our act. He obviously got nothing to do with any of this game. Probably, he just wanted to get himself in trouble more than he already had.

"I think, we should get Diane involve in this," Sara's voice from the kitchen was loud, clearly she was talking with Ben when I was descending down the staircase to get to where they were.

"No, we can handle—" Ben was about to complete his sentence but Sara cut him off and greeted me the moment I showed up in the mid of their discussion.

"Morning, Lennox," Sara beamed.

"Morning," I replied without looking at the will-soon-be-married couple whom were still in their pjs, sitting on the stools in front of an island with Ben's laptop on it and some catalogues of home decor that Sara had brought with her. I just went straight to the cabinet to get a glass then poured myself a milk from the refrigerator with one of my backpack straps hanging on my shoulder.

"I heard Cece is coming back here today. Are you going to meet her?" Ben's fiancée queried, holding up her mug of coffee and drank it.

"Yep. She'll be here at 8pm," I replied after swigging the milk and put the glass on the island. "How did you know about that? Did you look up on her Twitter account?"

"Her tweet is on my homepage," she shrugged.

"And you followed her?" My voice laced with incredulity.

"No. Max retweeted it, so it appears on my homepage," Sara clarified.

I rolled my eyes when she mentioned about Max.

That ridiculous bastard.

Why in the world did he retweet her tweet?! Did he really want to move on and get over her or locking himself up in his room with Taylor Swift's songs playing loudly through his speakers while looking back at the old pictures he still kept in his phone and checking up on her whom had fully moved on with her life?

"So, you followed Max then?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah," Sara nodded.

"Wait, you followed him?" Ben was surprised.

"Why not? He got all the nice quotes about love and the beauty of relationship. So, I followed him," she said like it wasn't like a big deal.

Well, that was so Max; retweeting and posting all the heartbroken and lovely quotes about this fatuous and asinine thing they called 'love' which made people who fall for it became a bunch of cretins.

I shook my head, "Anyway, I'm heading to school now."

"Have a great day at school," Sara said.

"And don't even try to get yourself expel or suspend," Ben advised, like he usually had.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I walked out of the kitchen nonchalantly.

*      *      *      *      *      *

When I got out of my car after I parked it on the school's parking lot, far away from the entrance door which was just my freaking luck, I saw Tyler in his car with a girl who had the same colour hair as mine and the length was quite the same too, but unfortunately, I didn't get to see her face clearly.

Together We Fall On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara