Chapter 29 | All About The Asshole

[Lennox's P.O.V]

I sat myself down on a bench at the sidewalk just underneath a lamppost that wasn't really working since it kept flickering. The wind brushed against my skin, giving me the cold sensation of the night along with goosebumps. My arms were folding and my bare legs were quivering.

"Damn, Max was right for once," I muttered to myself. "I should've brought a bag with me for my phone and some cash."

I forgot to ask for my phone back from Max before he ditched me, I didn't bring any cash with me to get a taxicab and this place was quite tranquil, yet very creepy because the only thing I heard now was an uncomfortable silence. Nothing turned out well for me tonight.

Well, at least, it wasn't raining. And that was the only good thing for now.

I stared at my own reflection in a windowpane of a car that was parked in front of me for the entire time. My make-up and hairdo were looking great and I was still loving them but I had to let this hair down since I could feel the breeze grazing the scars behind my neck and I was afraid that someone might notice those ugly marks.

Pulling out the bobby pins from your hair wasn't the easiest thing to do when you didn't even know how many of them were used and I had to be extremely patience when I was having an adventure in my hair for a few minutes just to find the pins.

Three minutes later, my hair was down and the wavy structure of it was still there which I surprisingly adored. And all the fifteen bobby pins were taken out of my hair completely.

Now...I didn't know what to do.

By all odds, walking back home was not going to happen—not when I was in this dress, not tonight and definitely not when Cece's mansion was very far away from my house. I wasn't going to sit here all night and wait for Ben to realise that I hadn't come back home until the next morning. I knew I had to do something but I just didn't know how.

Unexpectedly, out of freaking nowhere, a black familiar car that I knew who the owner was pretty well pulling over behind the car in front of me. I just remained on my seat until an asshole in a black Armani suit stepped out of that fancy car, sauntering towards me in haste.

"What are you—"

My words were left hanging in the air without a punctuation mark at the end as Luke abruptly pulled me into his embrace which gave me the warmth of his body and I kind of "needed" it since the wind was having so much fun with me tonight.

But a few seconds later, I felt a little bit uncomfortable. So, I pushed him off and just pretended that I wasn't glad to see him here after putting so much hope for someone to ultimately come and save me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"Your body's cold," he said flatly then he suddenly held my wrist, hauled me to his car and forced me to get into the passenger seat where the heater was thankfully on.

"How did you know that I'm here?" I queried as Luke was in his driver seat.

"I've waited for you at Max's house for hours until Max came home and told me that he left you at the sidewalk in front of his ex's mansion," the raven-haired guy looked at me with no blithe expressions in his face.  "That is why I've told you guys that I would go wherever you go to make sure everything's okay. But you don't even bother to tell me about the fucking invitation."

"She only invited the two of us, what do you expect?" I argued.

Luke fished my phone out of his pocket that I assumed he got it from Max. "Starting from now on, I'll go wherever you go. Literally, everywhere because I've put a GPS tracker in your phone."