Chapter 34 | Strain Every Nerve

With outrage taking over my entire head, I shut my locker with a slam, startling Tyler who was still standing there doing nothing until the moment I stormed off to the cafeteria, fire burning in my heart and my nails dug into the palm of my hands as they formed into fists.

"Len, what are you going to do?" Tyler asked me, grabbing my arm but I jerked it off promptly.

"Settling what is unsettled," I stated seriously.

"You don't have to do that. I can handle this," he quickened his paces and eventually, he stood in front of me, standing in my way to pummel someone's block.

"With your stupid plan? I don't think so," I pushed him off and continued walking.

"Then, tell me, Lennox," he grabbed my arm again, but this time, his grip was firm enough to make my head turn to face him. "Why do you refuse to stay away from Luke? Are you attached to him? Because to me, you seem so."

"What if I say I do? Will you change your plan?" I scowled at him.

Tyler puffed with an artificial smile, "So you're attached to him."

"I'm not sure if you still got earwax in your ears or your brain is not functioning well because I clearly state 'what if' and I don't remember mentioning 'fuck yeah' right away," I retorted.

"Why are you being so mean to me? I'm your friend, Lennox. You don't have to say that. You can just simply answer yes or no," he argued.

"If you are really my friend, then let me go and let me teach that imposter a lesson," I pulled my arm off his grip then continued my pace to get to Alice's location, leaving Tyler behind.

The moment I reached the cafeteria, still packed with students eating their meals whilst having their conversations around the tables, from the entranceway, I could see Alice sitting at our usual table—well, more like at MY seat, talking with...Max?!

What now? Was she trying to steal my another friend?

Oh, she wouldn't.

I knew why she tried to get closer to Max. Of course, it was because Max was a friend of Luke now and she was inquiring some informations from Max about her crush then shared it with his father. Obviously, she was Mr Dooley's informant. What a total dick move.

I bet that Doofus Dooley paid her handsomely, just so she could buy all the things that I bought and had.

My posture remained phlegmatic as I made my way towards that table cholerically in haste with my lungs burnt with fire of fury, producing smoke through my nostrils and my ears. I've had enough of this and I would put an end to her fucked-up game at once.

"I'm actually, now, wearing a wig and—" Alice spoke to Max who kept pricking his blueberry pie and not paying attention at all to whatever audible came out of her mouth.

I cleared out my throat loudly, drawing both of their attentions when I finally reached the table and stood across from that imposter.

"Hey, Len. You're here, finally," Max said as he got up from his seat instantly, situating himself alongside of me and whispered the last word to me.

"Can we talk for a minute?" I asked Alice.

She rolled her eyes and snorted impudently, "You're interrupting my conversation with my friend, Max."

"I'm not your friend," Max denied promptly, earning a sullen-look from Alice which made me feel very thankful to hear that.

"I don't see Max has any interest to speak with you," I faked a grin.