Chapter 28 | It Doesn't Turn Out Pretty Well

Max and I sat ourselves down at a table which was situated at the corner of this hall, nearby an exit door. It honestly felt like we were not gladly welcome to this party and I knew Cece and her boyfriend were enjoying themselves, treating us like we were some kind of rubbish.

It was okay. We could pay them back someday.

And things were going to be pretty ugly for them.

Suddenly, a sound of microphone being tapped and tested drew everyone's attention towards Cece whom was now standing up on a stage behind a podium with Ned next to her, smirking at me from afar.

I knew what that smirk meant. He was obviously up to something and used Cece as his puppet to destroy me. This was the first phase of his revenge. I scowled at him, anticipating what he was going to do.

Cece cleared her throat before she spoke, "Bueno, hola a todos. De hecho tengo algunos consejos de amor para todos ustedes. Sé que es de repente. Pero por si acaso, si ahora eres teniendo una vida de amor corazón roto con un chico que solía poner su fe en amarte y cuidarte por la eternidad, creo que necesita escuchar esto. Ya lo experimenté una vez. (Well, hello everyone. I actually have some love advices for all of you. I know, it's all of a sudden. But just in case, if you're now experiencing a heartbroken love life with a guy you used to put your faith on in loving you and taking care of you for eternity, I think you may need to hear this. Because I experienced it once.)"

Did she speak Spanish just because Max couldn't understand it or was it because everyone in this hall spoke the same language as hers but us?

I glanced at my fake boyfriend whom was now furrowing his brows at his ex-girlfriend, trying to understand her language. Seemingly, he just learnt a few basic Spanish sentences from YouTube.

"Él era el amor de vida. Y yo lo amaba con todo mi corazón pero luego, un dial me invitó a su fiesta de cumpleaños 18. Llegué una hora tarde pero luego lo vi besàndose con otras chicas de dieciocho. Por lo tanto, sólo consiguió salir de allí y le mintió a él que no podía hacerlo, (He was the love of my life. And I loved him with my whole heart but then, one day, he invited me to his 18th birthday party. I came an hour late but then I saw him kissing with other eigtheen girls. So I just got out of there and lied to him that I couldn't make it)," everyone gasped as she told them that tragedy.

Damn.

She must had seen Max kissed me and that somehow made me feel guilty. But why was she telling everyone about this? Was this one of Ned's ideas?

"Desde entonces, tuve un problema de confianza con él. Así qué le rompí para arriba antes de volé a México. Aún estoy en amor con él. Lo sigo haciendo hasta ahora. Rompe mi corazón para saber que él ahora está saliendo con mi propio mejor amigo. Él fecha esa puta sólo para romper mi corazón una y otra vez! (Ever since then, I had a trust issue with him. So I broke him up before I flew to Mexico. I'm still in love with him. I still do until now. It breaks my heart to know that he is now dating my very own best friend. He dated that bitch just to break my heart again and again!)" Cece wiped off the tears on her cheeks as she sniffed and from her voice, I could hear the disappointment she felt.

How dare she called me puta?! This was getting far from jealousy game.

If she still loved him, why didn't she just run back into his arms instead of making everything far more complicated and bringing my past along with her?

"Ahora, he aprendido no hasta la fecha un puto tramposo que no sabe cómo cuidar del corazón de una niña. (Now, I've learnt not to date such a fucking cheater who never knows how to take care of a girl's heart,)" Cece proudly announced before she looked at us and pointed at Max. "Chicas, nunca fecha idiota como Max! (Girls, never date an idiot like Max!)"