Chapter 16 | Something's Wrong With Halloween

My hands fell off her arms and they went through my hair briefly as I threw my head back and looked up at the ceiling above us while muttering, "Fuck, fuck, fuck. This is fucking unbelievable."

What the hell was wrong with tonight?! First, Luke was being super rude towards Alice and kissed me more than twice. Then, Max was so stressed out about Cece—although, that usually happened. And now, Carrie?

What just happened to Halloween?

"Did Tyler know about this?" I questioned.

"Not yet," she shook her head.

I rubbed my temples while my other hand was on my hip after sighing.

"I'm so not ready for this, Len," Carrie cried as she paced back and forth. "What should I do now? What if Tyler hates me? I'm not going to let our baby born without a dad! And speaking of giving birth, how am I suppose to tell my parents about this? This is all my fault!"

"Listen, Carrie," I gripped her arms. "All you have to do for now is to tell Tyler about this. I'm certainly sure he won't hate it and this is not entirely your fault. It was his as well for not using protection. He may freaks out about this but he knows that he has to be responsible for putting you in this situation. And as for your parents, you should tell them everything. Without lying."

"You said it like it's doable," Tyler's (probably) future young teenage wife wiped her tears off her cheeks.

"I know it's not but what else can you do?" I shrugged.

"And my parents hate premarital pregnancy," she rolled her bloodshot eyes.

I snorted. "Who doesn't? But I'm sure they'll understand."

"You sure?"

"One hundred percent, yes. Yes, I am," I nodded confidently.

Her lips parted in a smile before she threw her arms around me and hugged me again, "Thanks, Len. What would I do without you?"

"I don't know, sobbing in frustration in the toilet and scaring every girl who comes by?" I pulled away.

She sighed with a beam. "I just hope this won't happen to you and Luke."

"What?" I huffed in disbelief after a second of being perplexed by her concern. "Do you think me and Luke are together?"

"You guys were kissing just now. I saw it," Carrie stated.

She saw it. Of course, she friggin' saw it! Everyone saw it. Ugh!

Why did Luke has to make my life even worse than it already had?

Ever since he made his sudden move at Max's previous party, everything seemed to be worst for me, everything was coming unexpectedly and anyone hardly could predict what was about to come next. He was full of surprises. Bad surprises, mostly.

And full of mysteries that had never failed to evoke my curiosity. He was very enigmatic. Like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces and I really wanted to gather all those pieces to find out who was the real guy behind that bad boy facade.

"He kissed me. And I didn't. So, that doesn't mean we both are dating," I explained.

"Yeah, try to make everyone believes in that," Carrie fixed her mascara in front of a mirror.