Chapter 43 | Let's Get All Fired Up

Lennox's P.O.V

When I was about to step out of the car, Tyler held me back, saying that he decided to change his shirt into something dark, something that incorporated the bad character before carrying on this mission since he was now wearing a bright yellow Spongebob t-shirt that Max had bought it for him last year because Tyler lost on a bet.

Long story.

"Good thing, I brought my gym bag here," he grunted, struggling to get his duffle bag in the rear seat.

"Just change quickly."

"Okay," Tyler just shrugged, arching his lips then suddenly, he took off his shirt right in front of me, right where he at nonchalantly as if I wasn't in the car with him.

Well, no surprise. I had seen him shirtless before, so it was like a thing I didn't overreact at normally.

"Seriously, Tyler?" I groaned when he tossed his shirt over my head.

"What? You told me to change," he chuckled, flexing his muscles playfully as I regarded him in disgust. "Look at these babies."

I pursed my lips and threw his shirt back at him. "I'd been telling you since the last time I saw you like this, those are just frozen fats. Now, get your shirt on and stop procrastinating."

Tyler curled his lips at me while pulling out a black sweater that matched with mine. "How could you say that to them? I've worked very hard at the gym every weekend to get them as gorgeous as Chris Evan's. Can you just, at least, appreciate my tough grind instead of roasting me?"

My face remained inexpressive. "Are you done? 'Cause we need to be quick now and I don't have a second to spend to appreciate whatever you've worked on."

"Harsh," he muttered before he put on his sweater.

As soon as Tyler was fully dressed, I inhaled deeply that my lungs were filled to capacity with oxygen before I blew out a long sigh.

I slung the backpack strap over my one shoulder and eyed the house once again with my hand gripping firmly on the door handle, sweats trickling down my back despite tonight was extremely cold since there was only a few weeks left until winter came around.

"I can do this," I whispered to myself, trying to build up the confidence within me and murder all the second thoughts from feeding my brain with doubts.

This was it. It was now or never.

I couldn't afford to blow such a huge chance to finally get my revenge on Ned for scarring part of my childhood, despite, I knew teepeeing and trashing his house wouldn't be as enough as what he'd done to me. This was the least I could do. And it was legal though...I guess.

But, why was it so nerve-wrecking?? Was I still that traumatised of the past? Of what he did to me? Of what he was capable of? Surely, Ned wasn't a person you shouldn't be messing around with. Gosh, why did it have to be so hard to do this?!

"...earth to Lennox!" Tyler was practically shouting and that was when I realised I'd been out of the world quite often tonight. "Man, what the hell is wrong with you? This is like...the second time I've caught you losing your touch on reality. Did something really happen between you and Luke? I mean, are you sure you guys really were just fighting?"