Chapter 68 | Thanks A Lot, Max

Lennox's POV

I woke up only to find that the room I was in was still dark, apparently the sun hadn't risen yet. I pulled the duvet up to cover up my exposed shoulders as I was only wearing my bra. My dress was somewhere lying around the floor since last night was crazy — which I wasn't up for a discussion for that matter.

I turned myself around to see Luke sleeping soundly with his one arm was on my bare waist. We were so close that I could see his mouth was slightly ajar despite there was no light and his raven hair was perfectly messy. Well, he really looked so handsome up close even in his peaceful sleep.

As much as I wanted to touch him, I bore in mind that he was a light sleeper, so I had to refrain myself from doing something that would wake him up at this time and just stare at his gorgeous face.

The room was merely quiet. Lenny wasn't in here in this house which I really felt bad for. I didn't know if Max brought Lenny home with him or he happened to fall asleep on the couch in my living room with Lenny. Hopefully, they didn't make a mess. And I knew Cece had gone straight to her dad's house because she had curfew.

I'd never slept without wearing any clothes before and weirdly enough, I didn't feel insecure about it. Maybe because I was so in love with him to even care that I got nothing on me.

Yeah, love made me do stupid stuff. I just realised that. I watched High School Musical movie because of him. I wore a dress outside without wearing any jacket which was beyond stupid because of him. And I slept without wearing anything but my bra and my panties because of him.

But it was a good kind of stupid stuff and I enjoyed it anyway.

"Just do it, cheesecake," I startled when Luke suddenly muttered that.

"You're awake?" I breathed. Instantly, I cupped his face with my hand and caressed his cheek with my thumb.

"I know how badly you want to touch my hair," he shifted a little more closer toward me and his arm remained on my waist.

"Well, I've been gripping it all night. So...," I trailed off as he laughed weakly. "I don't think that's a good idea right now."

After I said that, I received nothing from him. No sounds, no more movements, just his chest rising and falling rhythmically as he breathed. I guess, he got back to his sleep. I gave him a peck on his cheek then I drifted off to sleep again.

*      *      *      *      *      *

Hours later, the ray of sunlight came through the window across the room and I realised that it was already morning. I blinked for a second before I turned my head to the side and found that Luke was sitting next to me with his back leaned against the headboard and his iPad in his hands. I could clearly hear the sound of Ellie Goulding's song that certainly came from his iPad and I saw a smile in his face, seemingly he was watching a video that I knew nothing of on YouTube.

"Morning," I said, pulling myself up to sit next to him and leaned my back against the headboard, ignoring the fact that I only had my bra on and one of the straps was slipping off from my shoulder.

"Morning, cheesecake," he held my hand and brought it up closer to his face then kissed my knuckles fleetingly and put it down while his eyes stuck at the screen of his iPad.

"What are you watching?" I yawned, stretching my arms up.

"Just an old video of us at Max's party. The one—"