Chapter 14 | Something Different

We finally were at our own homes and now, only two hours left for us to get ready. I laid on my bed for five minutes after walking around and went crazy for hours with my friends. It was pretty tiring to go shopping with the two of them. Way exhausting than shopping with a group of shopaholics.

And we ended up buying nothing after coming in and out of nine different stores including Walmart. Crazy, right? I know.

I didn't know what I should wear. Max would totally go for naked underneath a box. And Tyler...I didn't know, probably a Ken doll?

Suddenly, my door was being knocked before someone opened it slightly. That someone turned out to be Sara since I saw her head protruded in between the small spaces of the doorway.

"What's up?" I hoisted myself up.

"Nothing," she walked into my room and closed the door behind her. "Just checking what are you going to wear. I bet it's something fun."

"I didn't know what to wear," I shrugged.

Ben's future wife frowned as /he sat down on my bed next to me. "You just got back from shopping with your friends and you still don't know what to wear?"

"We bought nothing."

Her jaws dropped in disbelief.

"I know it's a complete waste of time," I rolled my eyes as I fell on my back in my bed.

"But at least you get to have fun with them," she said.

"Yeah."

Sara gazed at me for a moment before she got up from my bed and extended out her hand towards me.

"Come on, I have an idea on what you should wear to that party," she beamed at me.

Since my brain went completely blank and not knowing what to wear, I guess Sara could help.

I accepted her hand and we both went to my closet to find something that nearly looked like a costume she had in her mind. Ben's fiancée grabbed a black sleveless cloak with cowl hood that Oliver bought for my birthday last year, my dark grey long-sleeved V-neck T-shirt, a pair of black fingerless gloves, black jeggings and to top it all, a pair of lace-up knee boots.

"Now, go take a shower then wear this," Sara had all the things she found in my closet in her hands.

"Are you serious?" I frowned.

"Yes, honey. Now, go," the woman pushed me into my bathroom.

Sara was a very wise and creative woman with thousands of crazy ideas in her head but tonight, I didn't think she was that woman because she just picked out all of my dark coloured things that I didn't know what kind of monsters or other fiction characters she chose for me to dress up as.

After spending fifteen minutes in the shower, I dressed myself up and gazed at my reflection in a full length mirror in front of me subsequently. I looked weirder than in Chanel number five's outfit.

"What kind of costume is this?" I asked Sara as soon as I got out of my closet.

"An Assassin," she replied. "You don't like it?"

"I don't know. I don't hate it or even love it."

"All I can think about for you to wear is the characters from video games," Ben's fiancée giggled. "And I think you're going to assassinate the party in that outfit."

"Or maybe not."

"Now, let's put some make-up on you!" she eagerly said.

Oh, no.