Chapter 50 | Return From The Dark

Ned's POV

I parked my car at the back side of the hotel before I turned off the ignition and got out of the car. The plan was moving so well and I just couldn't wait to get rid of the bitch in my rear seat. She'd been a total pain in the ass ever since I first saw her six years ago. Ugh, my life was ruined because she was still alive.

Well, until today.

Today would be the end of her life. I couldn't just let her live her life buoyantly after she'd thrown and locked my parents up in the jail. She definitely deserved this.

I opened the rear door and found her still laughing unreasonably. She laughed all throughout our journey to here and it was annoying to hear her ridiculous slurs about some guy named Luke. I supposed she was talking about the guy I saw her with at the school.

"Come on, now," I pulled her arm to make her sit. She was nowhere near sober, her head was swaying lethargically and her whole body was frail just like she always was. I took her out of the car with a grunt, setting her arm around my shoulders and hauled her straight toward the back door of the hotel, trying to endure the strong alcohol scent in her breath she exhaled. "I should've just knocked you out. But hey, you're going to be dead anyway."

The back door led straight to the emergency staircase that could bring me to the first floor which was way too many steps than I expected. This girl weighed a hundred tonnes, plus she was juiced right now and it was not that doable to carry her up the stairway especially when she kept moving around ridiculously.

"This should be worth it," I panted, looking up the stairway before I began to climb it.

"You are a fucking asshole!" She shouted in my ear. "And psssh, I...I hate you to hell!"

"Idiot," I muttered.

"You ruined my life," it seemed like her laughter had faded away so quickly and now, she was crying in frustration. "I was scarred!"

"No, you ruined my life," we stopped halfway and I yanked her hair. "Right after my parents were found guilty and sentenced to be imprisoned, I didn't have anyone to be with. I dropped high school, got a job at a supermarket and I almost killed myself because I couldn't stand to live such a fucked up life!"

She muttered under her breath inaudibly with tears damping her cheeks.

"But then, I decided to give life a second chance and flew off to Mexico with the money left in my parents' bank account, hoping to get a better life there. And guess what? I found someone who mentioned your name and turns out she is just as dumbass as you are to fall in love with me and willing to do anything for me to stay with her. How desperate," I raved on, letting everything out since she was going to die tonight. "So, I guess, the world is giving me a shot to get my revenge on you. You think all nice and that you've got everyone on your side?

I laughed, couldn't believe that I finally could be happy again after watching her dead. Tonight would be my glorious night out of all the nights I'd been in. Everything would be great for me subsequently.

As soon as we reached the first floor, I cautiously pushed open the door to see if anyone was around the hallway in first floor. And fortunately, no one was here. So, I continued to lug her toward the elevator in haste and threw her in there because she was killing my shoulders and my back. I punched the button to the top of the building quickly until the door was closed.

I blew out a sigh as I placed my hand on my hips, looking up at the red digit flashing above the elevator door, showing the number of floor we passed by. I heard her coughing on the floor, sitting there and leaning against the wall in enervation. I huffed, looking at her so frail and always acting all like a victim to get everyone on her side.