Chapter 6 | Reminiscence Isn't Always Enjoyable

"Are you kidding me?" I walked away from standing next to Ellie. "How could you forget to use one, idiot?"

"I don't know," Tyler panicked. "Could she be pregnant by now?"

"Don't ask me, I'm not the one you're sleeping with."

"What should I do now, Len?" I could picture him, pacing back and forth in front of his bed. "I'm too young to be a daddy. I still have a lot of things to do."

"Like getting it on with another girl but with a protection this time?"

"Hah, funny," my friend said flatly.

"Look, why don't you just give it some time and think about how horrible is parenthood while waiting for Carrie to tell you the bad news that neither of us want to hear?" I suggested.

It took ten seconds for him to respond. "Fine. Let's just go with your plan. It would be useless if I ask Max what to do about this."

"You know he's going to just shrug and say 'just deal with it'."

"That is why I said it would be useless," Tyler sighed. "Now, I have to list down all the pros and cons about teenage parenthood—mostly just cons."

"Yep, you should do that since you don't have any idea how suck you're in parenting. I'll see you tomorrow," then we both ended our talk and hung up the phone.

I texted Max right after my conversation with Tyler, telling him that Tyler forgot to use protection last night. I knew Max would be surprised at first but then he'd be all nonchalance, saying, 'what can you do now? That's how you roll with your life, making mistakes.'

That was how an experienced, broken-hearted person would say.

"Umm, hey," Ellie was actually waiting for me to finish with my phone call to answer her question.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows without looking at her and just read Max's reply.

Max : obviously, there was more than a dozen boxes of them in the room he used. How could he ever forget to use one?

I replied instantly.

Me : he was horny, I guess.

"Did you hear my question just now?" Ellie queried, staring at me texting with Max and ignoring her existence.

Max : anyway, can you meet me at the usual pizza parlour we go to? I have something important to discuss about.

My brows furrowed. Why would he go there for a discussion? I thought we'd already agreed not to visit that parlour ever again after Cece left since it was her favourite place to hang out.

Perhaps, he had his own reasons to go there.

Me : be there in an hour.

Then, I put my phone back into my pocket and marched right up to where they put their suits, still not caring about Ellie whom was desperately waiting for my answer which I almost forgot what was the question she asked just now.

I observed each one of the suits, picturing Oliver in one of them while questioning which one would be suitable for him to wear and trying my best to find it as soon as possible since Oliver had been waiting in the fitting room for several minutes now and I had to meet Max in an hour.

And Ellie was still following me everywhere I went to in this store and had her eyes piercing into my skin.

"So?" She stood beside me with a smile on her face. "Have we met before?"