Chapter 15 | Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!

As Alice and I arrived at a place where the party was being held, she decided to stick with me the whole time because this blonde wig girl told me that none of her friends were coming here tonight.

"Then why would you come here, if they don't?" I frowned, completely baffled by her statement.

"Because I...just want to...socialise?" Alice giggled nervously. "I want to know...how it feels like to get wild for once."

"Trust me, you really don't want that happen twice once you experienced it," I adviced.

Currently, we both were standing amid the people, mostly from our school, McFlaire High in different kinds of unique, idiotic and typical costumes. First thing I needed to do right at this time was to find Max because he was my only friend whom was really feasible to find at a place like this. I knew he would be hanging around at a cocktail lounge in here by now.

He just loved being a drunkard.

And as for Tyler, he had always been surrounded by girls. He was quite a player. So, he was either grinding with other girls on the dance floor or in one of the hotel rooms—despite the party had just started.

My eyes wandered around and they eventually landed on a lonely shirtless guy with skinny jeans, a scarf girt around his neck, tousled blonde hair and a glass of martini in his hand. I huffed in disbelief as I realised that was definitely Max.

I turned my head sideways toward Alice and said, "Let's go to that bar."

"Okay," she uttered.

Then, we both made our way to Max whom was now swigging his fourth glass of martini all by himself with a female bartender behind a counter in front of him, wiping a wineglass in boredom—seemingly, waiting for her shift to end since she kept glancing at her wristwatch.

"Hey, Max," I spoke as I seated myself down on a bar stool next to him while Alice sat on the other side of him.

"Oh, hey," Max smiled at me but then he frowned at my attire. "What are you supposed to be?"

"Your worst nightmare?" I shrugged.

"Yeah, you've always been everyone's worst nightmare," he chuckled before he turned around to look at Alice. "And you must be...Alice, right?"

"Yeah," Alice replied whilst staring at Max's body.

She was completely mesmerised by it.

My friend really felt uncanny because of her intense gazing that he instantly turned back around at me and gave her his back.

"Anyway, did Cece call you or something?" My shirtless friend queried.

"Stop thinking about her, Max. You said you wanted to move on with your life and left her behind," my brows corrugated.

"I'm just deadly curious right now to know the guy she currently dates," he rolled his eyes. "There's no update on her Twitter yet. Probably, busy with a new guy."

"Seriously, you need to stop stalking her," I told him. "If she's busy with her new guy, then you should be too."

Max finished up his martini before he spoke, "Oh, yeah? I'll be really busy when I get drunk. Get me a bottle of whiskey, baby!"

"You've always been busy whenever you're drunk," I muttered.

As the bartender gave Max what he wanted, he began to hit the bottle and I watched him drinking the whiskey like he was going to die tomorrow. He really was going to get real busy by the time he was drunk. Alice stared at him since she had never seen this side of Max before.