Chapter 67 | Ridiculous But Worth It

A/N: FYI, I did this chapter in a rush. So, excuse me if you find any mistakes or the chapter seems to be short.

Lennox's POV

Cece called me up last night, hours after we hung out at the parlour which I had to go back home way earlier before them because I didn't feel well at that time. Well, I didn't have the mood to laugh boisterously with them since I had a lot of things going on in my head, thinking of how I was supposed to deal with Luke.

She told me that she wanted to come by and check out my new house today, later at four. Since Sara and Ben were out on a road trip to their in-laws in Michigan because they had a family gathering that I refused to go to, so, I was left alone in this house for the whole weekend.

Now, I didn't know what to do to kill some times since it was only one pm. I was bored to death in this house all by myself though Luke was merely next door. But, pfft, who was I kidding? He wouldn't want to talk with me. Still.

I was starting to miss Oliver somehow. There was always the sound that came from the TV and you knew Oliver was in the living room, watching movies or TV series and the smell of burn popcorns filled up the whole house. Then, his voice could be heard from upstairs, the sound of him cursing and shouting at the TV as if the people behind the screen could hear him. And he'd always forced me to sit on the couch with him and make me watch whatever he was watching.

But now, no one would do that again in this house.

After recalling all the stupid memories of Oliver's annoying attitude, I decided to just watch whatever movies existed in the mini movie room. I didn't usually watch movies but what the hell. If this was the way to get the clock moved faster, I would do it.

I ran my finger through every single DVD boxes on the shelves, deciding what kind of movie should I watch. I certainly wouldn't go for any chick flicks right now or any movies like The Notebook. Definitely not in the mood for any of those.

But then, one of the many DVD boxes drew my attention.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year

A smile suddenly formed on my lips as I pulled it out of the shelf. I instantly remembered the fact that Luke learned how to dance from this movie. I still remembered how proud he was when he voiced out that fact as if he was telling me that he just won an award. God, I just missed him so much.

Maybe, I should watch this movie. The last time I watched it was back when I was thirteen. Oliver bought the movie for me but I didn't make it till the end because I got so annoyed with that Sharpay girl. She was super exasperating. But I guess, this time, I should give it another chance.

I settled myself into one of the bean bags in front of the flat screen after switching it on and put the DVD into its player.

As I watched Zac Efron began to sing in the basketball court, the word 'ridiculous' popped into my head. I still couldn't believe Luke watched this for a thousand times, enough for him to learn every single dance move they did in this movie. This guy was really something.

Just when Gabriella started singing, the doorbell was rung. I glanced at the time in my phone screen and it wasn't four yet. It couldn't be Cece. Or could it? It was still early, though.

I went downstairs anyway, leaving the movie without pausing it, to see who was this unexpected visitor. It couldn't be Max and Tyler either. They would inform me first before they came because obviously they didn't want Ben to be the person to open up the door for them.