Chapter 59 | Breaking News

Ben sat right next to me on the couch in his study room all throughout my private learning session with my tutor, Mrs Franklin who seemed to be in her late forties. I was put under his surveillance. He kept his eyes on me for the whole two hours to ensure that I wouldn't cause any trouble or disrespect my tutor like I usually did to my school teachers.

I hardly could do anything. I couldn't bite the top of my pencil, I couldn't doodle in the margin of my notebook and I couldn't yawn. For every single time I did anything other than paying my attention to Mrs Franklin, he would poke my waist with his pen because he knew that it tickled me and I abhorred, I mean, SERIOUSLY abhorred being tickled.

Now, we were only five minutes away before the session ended and Mrs Franklin was checking my answers on the short test that she'd given me half an hour ago.

"Are we done yet?" I asked impassively, killing off the silence but then, instead of getting a reply from either of these two adults, I received a prod on the waist. I hissed, glaring at my foster father, "What the hell is that for?"

"Don't be rude," he reproved.

"I was just asking. Is that a crime?"

"Here's your paper, dear," Mrs Franklin gave me back my paper with her sweet beam. "I'm quite impressed that you got everything correct although you were mostly out of the world throughout the session and your dad...had to pull you back to reality," she giggled, finding it amusing to see Ben constantly poking me.

"I guess, I don't need a tutor after all," I turned my head sideways to Ben, lifting one of my eyebrows.

Mrs Franklin warmly stated, "From what I see, you can actually do this on your own without my help."

A lopsided smirk formed on my lips as I smugly looked at him.

Ben did the same, "We'll see about that."

When the time was up, Ben shook his hand with Mrs Franklin while I just dashed out of his study room without thanking her for tutoring and went up straight to my room.

I was planning to grab my phone and my car key that I'd left in my room but the moment I opened up the door, Sara was sitting there on the floor with her hair all swept up into a high ponytail and boxes around her. I surveyed my whole room that was virtually empty as I slowly sauntered toward her, not knowing what the hell was going on here.

"Hey," Sara rose to her feet when she realised I was standing behind her. "I didn't expect the session would be so short."

"What the hell are you doing?" I frowned then looked down at all of my stuffs that she'd packed inside the boxes. "What's with all these boxes?"

She glanced at the boxes behind her, "Oh. I'm just helping you packing up your things since you're busy studying and I know you won't have time—"

"Packing?" Confusion had completely got controlled of my head.

"Yeah," she uttered happily.

"Why?"

Sara grinned at me and set her soft hands on my shoulders while she enthusiastically announced, "Because we're moving out!"

The frown was still there, stuck on my face and disorientation was all I felt, though she had said it loud and clear into my ears.

"Aren't you excited?" Ben's wife asked me gleefully.

I backed away from her, saying nothing in response to her question. I was about to run out of the house but when I turned around to face myself toward the door, Ben was there in the doorway with his arms folded crosswise. He noticed that I was not in the right state of mind when we made an eye contact.

"Honey," Ben looked at his wife. "You're freaking her out."

"Was it too soon?" Sara covered her mouth with her fingertips, feeling slightly guilty for breaking out the news in a frantic way.

Her husband sighed, closing his eyes for a second before he grabbed my arm, leading me toward the bed and pushed my shoulders down to make me sit. He seated himself beside me and his wife joined us, taking a seat on the space next to me.

"Look, Sara and I have decided to get a house after we got married—"

"I'm not going anywhere," I protested before letting him finish.

"Lennox, listen to me first," Ben calmly said. "We're not moving out of this town. It's just a few minutes drive from here."

"Yeah, and you'll still go to the same school," Sara supported him.

"What about Oliver?" I furrowed my brows.

"He'll take this house," he simply answered.

I was assuming that Oliver must be doing his happy dance now because he finally got this house all to himself. He could live with Diane in here forever or host a crazy party without being scolded by his friend.

"And where is this house we're going to move in?" I inquired.

"Honestly, I don't know," Ben shrugged and nodded his head toward his wife. "She hides all the information about that."

"It's gonna be a surprise," Sara showed us her widest smile. Then she clapped her hands once, "Alright. I have to go back to work."

Ben held her arm, stopping her from continuing to pack up my stuffs for me but she insisted, saying that she wanted to feel like a real mother. She considered this as a maternal practice for her before she got pregnant and had kids. Funny thing was, she managed to force Ben helped her with it, telling him that it would do good for him because she didn't want to handle the mini version of themselves alone in the future.

I watched as they were putting my things into the respective boxes, unconsciously smiling at the thought of how they really looked perfect for each other and that they would be good parents for their children. I bet Ben would definitely changed if he got his own child in his arms. And that would benefit me the most because I'd get to do whatever I wanted to without getting scold like he always did.

"Hey, Lennox," Sara called me out when she approached me with a backpack and gloves in her hands. "Are these yours? I've never seen anything like these in your closet before."

Oh, God. I forgot about those things.

"It's...umm...it's Max's," I lied as I took both the backpack and the gloves from Sara, examining them.

I knew that Luke was in a mood and wanted to have his alone time but I really wanted to see him, making sure that he was okay. Maybe this would be a great excuse for me to meet him. I needed to give these things back to him.

"I gotta go," I grabbed my car key and my phone before I left my room along with the backpack and the gloves.

"I'll text you the home address later! So, you just go there after you're done doing whatever you're doing," Sara cried out.