Chapter 20 | The Riddle Of A Bad Boy's Life

After waiting for Max to get ready for almost an hour, the three of us went to
an ice cream parlour since Max was craving for one. And thankfully, I got to ride in Max's car instead of sitting behind Luke on his stupid bike.

"So, what's the plan?" Max queried as he enjoyed his vanilla ice cream with rocky road topping.

"You need to find a fake girlfriend," I advised.

"Why?" He frowned.

"Remember when we talked about Cece? That I told her you already—"

"Ah, yes. That horrible lie," Max nodded.

"Hey, it's for your own good," I punched his arm lightly.

"Since when lying is a good thing?" Luke interfered.

"Since the truth can hurt someone so badly," I retorted and glared at him for interrupting my conversation with Max. Luke obviously had nothing to do here and I didn't even know why he bothered to tag along with us. "So, we're going to do speed dating."

Max and Luke remained silence for awhile, glancing at each other then blinked their eyes before they looked at me.

"What? Do you have any better idea how to get a fake girlfriend?" I lifted my eyebrows.

"How are you going to organise that? I'd already doubted your capability of gathering pretty girls to do speed dating with a hot guy like me since your sarcasm and impudence levels are way higher than a skyscraper," Max stated.

"I think I need a help from Matt—"

"Why need a help from a guy whom is not here currently when you have me?" Luke folded his arms and leant back in his seat.

"You're useless," I said straightforwardly.

"Useless?" He huffed in disbelief.

"Yes, Donovan. You're absolutely useless."

"Oh, yeah?" He stood up from his chair. "Let's see what this 'useless' guy can do."

"Well, bring it!" I rose to my feet as well lividly.

"Hell yeah, I'm going to bring it to you, cheesecake," the bad boy came to stand closer in front of me, in a threatening way, "You're going down."

"No, you're going down," I put an emphasis on the second word.

Max abruptly stood in between us and pushed us apart before I could slap him again but our eyes were still looking at each other as if we were killing one another telepathically—and it seemed like Max was done eating his ice cream while Luke the asshat and I were fighting.

"Okay, no one's going down here," Max stopped us then he looked at me. "So, when are we going to do this speed dating thing?"

My eyes widened in disbelief because I thought he was going to decline and I had prepare myself a speech for him to assure him this was a good thing to do, "Are you serious?"

"I'm okay with speed dating...I guess," my friend shrugged with a smile. "I've never done it before, though. So, who's going to organise—"

"This useless guy will organise it for you, man," Luke put in, still glaring at me. "I'm going to drag a lot of girls who would get crazy to see you."