Chapter 56 | Behind His Façade

FINALLY! UPDATES! I've managed to finish almost everything before my A2 Level exam!! The book is nearly complete. 3 chapters left. ENJOY IT, HUMAN! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! THIS BOOK HAS REACHED 3K READS AND IVE NEVER BEEN MORE GRATEFUL! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF U! And also, thanks for being super patience. Love you guys! Xoxo

"I can't believe it," I looked at Luke with no expressions in my face as he grabbed a helmet for me after we both got out of the jacket store that we went into for a jacket-hunting a half an hour ago. He just smiled at me whilst putting a helmet on my head carefully, satisfied that he'd found a jacket that exactly looked like his in my size. "You're totally crazy."

"At least I've got what I've ever wanted," he said happily, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I frowned at him in disbelief, "This jacket cost you almost three hundred dollars. We could've looked for it with cheaper price than this in other stores!"

"That would take much time," then, he put on his helmet. "We have some other places to go to."

Other places? Did he already plan this journey beforehand? Because he seemed to have some places in mind that he wanted to show me.

He straddled on his bike as he fired up the engine and pulled down the black shade of his helmet. I just stood on the sidewalk, next to him, still couldn't believe the fact that he just bought a jacket for eighty-five dollars. Yeah, well, he got the money but I just felt like...I don't know, guilty? Bad? I couldn't even wear this jacket comfortably. I kept looking down at this jacket I was wearing, thinking of what was I supposed to buy for him that could top this. And I knew if I constantly telling him about this jacket being a little too costly, he would, again, argue about the jacket that Tyler bought for me. So, I guess it was better to shut up.

"C'mon, cheesecake," Luke pulled me out of my thoughts. "Hop on."

I did as what he told without arguing anything or asking where we were going to next. I simply wrapped my arms around his waist then we went off to our next destination which I had no idea of where it was. It could be his favourite coffeehouse or bar or café. He was sometimes unpredictable. A quite mysterious guy who always made me question every single thing about him. It was fun, though. To explore things that had never been explored. But at the same time, it ached my brain to figure out all twists and turns and mysteries of his life. Like, the girl we saw at Sofia's birthday party. I was still trying to find out who she was. Probably, one of the girls that his Aunt Marie tried to match him with? But I didn't want to bring it up today because it seemed to tick him off. Maybe, some other time. I didn't want to ruin his perfect mood today.

After minutes of feeling the strong wind rushed to my face and through my hair, Luke finally pulled up in front of an old soccer field that seemed to have been abandoned for years, judging by the look of the rusty fence surrounding it as well as the wooden bleachers that could collapse anytime now. But the goal posts were surprisingly still standing.

Luke took off his helmet after turning off the ignition. He got off the bike then he offered me a hand to hold, helping me to alight. When I was about to take off my helmet by myself, he'd already got his helping hands out. He even fixed my hair, combing the locks with his fingers and tucking one of them behind my ear, so that it wouldn't get onto my face. I smiled at him before I got on my tiptoes and fixed his soft raven hair — well, actually, more like messing his hair up because I just happened to like running my hands through his hair.