Chapter 10 | The Dirty End Of The Stick

"Great! Just fucking great!" I shouted as soon as Luke and I got out of Mr Banana's office. "Thank you so much for the punishment, Bonnano! I really love you for that!"

Luke smirked at me. "Looks like someone's going to do the chores alone."

"Yeah," I looked at him. "And that's you."

"I can just easily leave you here," he took his key out of his pocket and waved it right in front of my face. "Because I have this."

Unexpectedly, Mr Bonnano showed up right on time and snatched Luke's key promptly.

"I'll keep this for now," the man smiled at him. I just couldn't hold it and laugh so hard that his hope of ditching me to do this punishment all by myself was now gone. "And just for you know, Renovales. I really love you too for making so much trouble to this school."

Ew. Although, that was a sarcasm, it was still disgusting to hear that from him.

Then, with that, he went back into his office. I bet he had been hearing our conversation from his office and I was so glad that he took Luke's key.

"Oops, looks like someone can't go home after this," I faked a pout at him.

"Yeah, and that someone is also you, cheesecake," the raven-haired dude said before he took his leave.

But how did he know that I didn't have my car with me? Did he have some mystical magic with him?

Or did Max tell him?

That guy was so unacceptable. When did he and Luke get along with each other, closer enough to tell something I told him about? Something must've had brought them back together. I mean, I didn't hate the fact that they were friends now. It was just disturbingly odd.

Now, I had to tell Ben something beyond his expectations, something he didn't see it coming. And I knew he was going to yell at me, ripping my eardrums apart completely. It seemed like someone might need a box of tampons for men.

I took my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialled for Ben's number as I made my way to my locker to get my stuffs for my next class since there was only ten minutes left until lunch time ended.

"What do you want?" Ben answered my phone call after the third ring.

"I want to talk about picking me up after school—"

"Ah, speaking of which, I can't pick you up and neither do Oliver since we both just got a call to work on a new case and we'll probably be back at midnight. So...," he sighed then he muttered, "...only Oliver can say this."

"Just say it, man!" I heard Oliver's teasing voice at the background.

"Shut it, Gilmore girl," Ben snapped before he continued. "I'll let...any one of your...friends...drive you home."

Well, after all this time, Oliver was the only person who would approve the permission to let Max or Tyler drive me to wherever I want to and Ben had always been disapproving that. Now, look who's talking!

"But—"

"Yo, Len," Oliver interfered. "Thanks for the treats by the way. I left one box at home for you."

"I knew it!" I growled. "You'll be paying for those, burglar."

"Get back home safely, we'll see you later," with that, they hung up the phone.

It seemed like I had to go back home on foot and got chased by a dog on the way there.

"Len!" Tyler's voice filled the hallway.