Chapter 62 | He Got All The Attentions

Luke and I were wandering around the neighbourhood in the very morning just to take Lenny on a walk. Ben was no longer restraining me from being with Luke which had made it easier for me now to hang out with him so often. I was glad that I didn't have to sneak out to avoid my foster dad whenever I wanted to go to Luke's house or to anywhere else with him. We both didn't have to yell at each other anymore, I didn't have to snap back at him rudely and he didn't have to point his finger up to my room, telling me that I was grounded.

Everything was easy now since it had all been sorted out.

"Ben wants you to join us for a Thanksgiving dinner," I informed him.

"Wait, your dad wants me to join you guys for a dinner?" He frowned, having the exact same reaction as I did when Ben told me that he was not mad to see me dating the guy he used to warn me to stay away from.

I beamed at him, "He's okay with everything now. I've told him that we're dating."

"That's good," Luke nudged me in the arm. "I was already preparing to save myself last night, just in case your dad suddenly burst into my house with a gun."

We both laughed at what he just said. Well, yeah, that could possibly happen actually. If Ben let his rage took over himself, he would really do that and disregard any consequences of his action.

"So, you're down for it?"

"Well," he scratched the back of his head. "I've never really gone to a proper Thanksgiving dinner."

"Don't worry, it'll be fun," I held his hand. "Trust me."

"Okay. If you say so," he shrugged.

After roving around the neighbourhood, I got back home and went straight to my room then directly threw myself to my bed and drifted off to sleep without even bothered to take off my jacket. Luke was planning to make cheesecakes together for the thanksgiving dinner but I had to pass that up because it was eight in the morning and my eyes were still droopy.

Three hours later, everyone was busy downstairs. My foster parents and Olivia were at the kitchen, working on the turkey and cooking the meals for tonight, meanwhile Diane and Oliver were out shopping for the missing ingredients. Me? I simply sat on the chaise lounge just outside my room, conversing with Tyler over the phone since I got no one to talk with in this house.

Luke wasn't here yet. He texted me that he would be here in the next half an hour. Brooke wasn't here at all. Her boyfriend whom was Luke's stepbrother invited her to his family's thanksgiving dinner party. I was kind of grateful that she went to their dinner party today instead of her inviting him to this house. It would be a total chaos if her boyfriend was here since I'd already invited Luke to come over.

"I wish I can come over to your thanksgiving dinner," Tyler told me. "Because I'm just so sick of being humiliated by my mom in front of her friends and their daughters. She makes me look ugly in front of those ladies every year. And all the suaveness in my face just fade away."

I snorted, "You don't have any 'suaveness' in your face."

"Ouch, Lennox. Did you just throw a kitchen knife to my heart?" I could picture him placing his hand dramatically on his chest.

"Nope. A cleaver. I hope you're dead now for being narcissistic."

"Okay. Seriously, that hurts a lot," he responded but I merely laughed at his reaction. He remained silent for awhile, waiting for my laughter to die down a little. Then he asked, "So, can I come over to your thanksgiving dinner?"

That was when the cachinnation from my mouth ceased abruptly, realising that he was actually being serious. I thought it was just a wishful thinking. I didn't expect that he would want to come over here for real.