Chapter 73 | Together We Fall (I)

Sorry for taking too much time to publish this LAST CHAPTER which I had to divide them into TWO PARTS cuz it's SUPER LONG. I'm just having a hard time to let go of this book. I just don't know how to end it, then I had to deal with A level exam and to top that, I was struck by a serious fucking writer's block. It's a disease that writers find it hard to cure. Hoho. Anyway, ENJOY!

Lennox's POV

The heart monitor was turned off. The doctor asked me some questions regarding my condition to which I answered with merely a nod and a slight shake of my head. My throat was seriously dry. I didn't know how long had I been unconscious. One of the nurses gave me a glass of water and I immediately swigged it in three gulps until its last drop. As the doctor and nurses gathered around me, I could see Luke from here, from the gap between these people wearing scrubs. He was pacing back and forth impatiently, constantly staring at me, waiting for them to get out of here.

They took off some of the tubes on me, leaving the one that attached onto the vein on the back of my hand for IV fluids. When the doctor said that he was going to call Ben and inform him of my consciousness and other necessary information that he needed to know, Luke jumped in promptly, telling the doctor that all sorts of enlightenment can be passed to him and he would report it to Ben later in the morning.

"It would be rude to call someone up at this time, don't you think?" Luke pointed out. It amused me that he was trying so hard to get some lone time with me, not wanting Ben or anyone else to come over right now.

Luke glanced at me with a smile when the doctor considered his recommendation then he paid attention entirely to every single word that the doctor was uttering. I stared at him from here, looking at how focus he was in listening to the doctor's advices that he needed to understand and remember everything exactly since he had to deliver all those kinds of information to Ben as he promised to.

Suddenly, one of the nurses tapped me on the shoulder. I turned my head around to see a female nurse who I presumed she was in her early thirties. She leaned in closer and whispered a question to me.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She asked.

I frowned, flustered by her sudden curiosity but I nodded my head once. My throat was still dry to utter a word. Even if I spoke, my voice would be croaky.

"Well, honey. I've gotta say, you are so lucky to have him," she shook her head as she pulled her face away. "He's been here and holding your hand for days you've been unconscious."

I raised my eyebrows, saying 'really?' in a form of gesture. The nurse giggled and nodded, telling me how, in every morning, some of the nurses always found him sleeping on that chair while still holding my hand. I turned my gaze to him whom was still conversing with the doctor, wondering how was he doing. I still remembered that look on his face back at that grimly warehouse when he wrapped me in his arms. The last thing I saw was tears forming in his eyes. I couldn't imagine how he must've felt at that time.

His conversation with the doctor ended with a formal handshake, then the doctor along with all the nurses went out of the room. I watched as they left the room, wishing me to get well soon until the last guy closed the door behind him. When I turned my head around, Luke abruptly smacked his lips on mine, cupping my face in his hands and went wild. I was taken aback by his sudden move but then I knew that he'd been waiting for this.

I placed my cold hands on the sides of his neck, kissing him back as if there was no tomorrow. We pulled away briefly and chuckled, letting our foreheads rested against each other as we were trying to catch our breaths.