Chapter 12 | What The Future Holds

That didn't make any sense at all. Not in the slightest.

Why would he steal a suit from someone?

To me, that didn't sound like he stole the suit. Someone did that to him and I knew just the right person.

Ellie.

Well, that was an easy case to crack. Just like cracking an egg and I got to make an omelet.

Obviously, Ellie did this because of her unrequited feelings towards Luke. She bought a suit without taking a receipt to cover up which stores she bought it from because that suit came from her grandpa's shop.

But if I was going to tell Ben and Oliver that Ellie was the person behind all of this, what evidence did I have to prove that?

I sat myself down on my bed in an alcove after I took a shower and wore my pyjamas. All the lights were off except for the light coming from the outside that passed through the sash windows beside and in front of my bed. When I was about to lay my head down on my pillow, my phone that I placed on one of the shelves I had in a wall behind my bed rang aloud.

"What?" I answered the phone call without checking the caller ID.

"Lennox? It's me, Cece," a voice of a girl with thick Spanish accent came out of my phone speaker.

"Oh, hey," I laid myself down and pulled my quilt up to cover my whole body before I turned to my side to face the window. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just want to check up on my friend," she replied.

"Really? Or you just want to ask about Max?" My eyes were closed for a second as a reaction to my exhaustion.

"No, I'm...already getting over him," my friend denied. "But how's he, by the way?"

Why did they want to get over one another? They used to fall in love deeply with each other.

"He's doing great so far. And he..." I decided to lie to her, although she was my friend but Max was my best friend. So, I had to help him built himself up and made him strong. "...he already has a girlfriend."

"Oh...," I could sense the sound of disappointment behind her light voice. "...did he really?"

"Yep. She's a nice girl and Max is totally into her."

"Wow," Cece chuckled, somehow nervously. "People change just as fast as the time pass by, right?"

"So, how are you doing so far in Mexico?" I queried.

"So far so good. Tomorrow, my mom is going to set me up on a blind date with someone," she faked her excitement. "I can't wait to see who's going to steal mi corazón (my heart)."

"Well, have fun finding a new guy," I said.

"Speaking of new guy, I just watched a recent video from Dennis's channel and..." Cece trailed off.

"...and you saw me getting kissed by Lucas Donovan," I continued for her.

"How did that happen, girl?" She giggled. "Did you make out after that?"

"Hell, no!" I sat myself up instantly.

"I thought you both were dating when I first saw that video but then I knew you wouldn't do such thing as that," my Mexican friend sighed after laughing.