Chapter 18 | From Dawn To Dusk

Those were certainly not great news. They were greatly disastrous news!

I couldn't sleep and it was already one in the morning, thinking what could possibly happen if Cece came back here with her boyfriend. Did she plan to do this on purpose just to hurt Max? By showing him her new boyfriend whom she thought he was her Prince Charming just because he found her chancletas?

This was ludicrous.

Now, she just made me feel unsure on whether to tell Max about this or not. I absolutely had no idea what to do with this kind of situation. It felt like Cece wanted to have a jealousy game here.

Speaking of jealousy, I had to find Max a girlfriend within four days! God, why did Cece has to come back here?!

And how was I supposed to find Max a new or should I prefer, fake girlfriend within four short days? I needed some back-up here. But who should I get a help from?

Tyler was now at the hospital, taking care of Carrie. Alice? I doubted that she was good at finding someone a girlfriend. Who else...? Matt? Probably. Brooke? I bet she wouldn't care much about it. Olivia? Nah. Luke? Definitely not the right person to ask for help from.

I guess, I should just go with Matt. Since he was here, though.

I had to fill Max's brain about this tomorrow morning and get him participated in this jealousy game. I just had to.

*      *      *      *      *      *

"Lennox!" Sara came crushing into my room in the very early morning when my eyes just got rested for five hours.

"Go away," I mumbled, pulling my quilt over my head and buried my face in my pillow.

"You have to go with me. It's my dress fitting day!" She shook my body as she sat herself down on my bed next to me.

"Go with Diane or someone," my voice was muffled yet audible.

"They're all busy!" The woman whined.

I groaned in exasperation and turned my body to the other side, facing towards the window, giving her my back. I was extremely tired, way too lethargic to give any responses to anyone and drained by all the thoughts about Max and Cece.

I didn't know why did their relationship has ever affected me. They'd made me think about them, about Max himself and think about how to protect them from getting hurt whilst they were living the moments of their lives, pretending to be happy when they actually weren't.

Sometimes, I had this huge urge of wanting to knock their heads together, tied them up in a janitor closet and hoping, it would naturally get them back together after sharing their feelings toward each other.

That would really happen if Cece didn't fly herself back to Mexico and be a coward, not trusting her own ex-boyfriend to stay in love with her.

And consequently, they left me thinking about them up all night.

"Come on, Lennox. You're the only person I have for now. Plus, you haven't seen my dress yet," Sara besought. "Please?"

I ignored her and just kept my eyes shut.

"You owe me one, lady. I helped you to convince Ben to let you hang out with Max and Tyler," I could feel her smiling right now.