e l e v e n | c u l a c c i n o

«not edited»

culaccino (n) the watermark left by a wet glass on a table
[origin : italian]

"Morning! Would you please rise for the pledge.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

"Everyone respectively take your seats, thank you. Today is Tuesday, August 29, the opening of the guys soccer season, guys football season, girls soccer season, girls kickline, and guys and girls cross country. Sign ups will be held in the gym after extra help. The semester is all in, so anyone caught wandering the halls without passes will be given detention. The Tri M Honor Society will have its opening bake sale after school on Friday. Today is a Gold Day. Have a great day!" Dr. Evercrest's voice says through the loud speaker.

The room erupted into cheers of excitement and bubbly conversations about which sports people were doing. I could hear Pyper scream in excitement behind me and Talon screaming out a 'yes!' I threw my fist in the air and grinned like an idiot. We all talked and conversed, and Alana shared with us she's the school's swim coach during the spring season. The room calmed down after a while and we got right to our music. Phoenix was nowhere in sight and we were moving pretty quickly through the music. It wasn't till we were halfway through Für Elise, Phoenix walked in. With Infinity under his fucking arm! She looked so stuck up and I mean, I'm not really one to judge, but goddamn, the amount of makeup she has one.

"Worthington, lovely to see you join us," Alana said with sarcasm dripping on her words and I could tell I wasn't the only one trying to stifle a laugh. In response, he scowled and went to the instrument closet, getting his violin. Infinity left the room with her fucking tall heels clinking on the ground with her every step. Fucking bitch! Phoenix didn't spare a glance whatsoever in my direction for the entire period. Well, he wants to play that game. Okay. The rest of the class passed by with me, emotionless as ever, and Phoenix, being the brooding bastard he is.

c r e a t i v e w r i t i n g c l a s s

Herrington literally just made us sit with notebooks and pencils and had us writing all period. Not that I have a problem with that. But when your sitting at a table with Phoenix Worthington, it might make you question your sanity. With him sitting only a few feet away from me, I found it terribly hard to write scenes and come up with anything. So I resorted to just writing small poetry and prose. I scribbled prose, line after line, on my clean notebook paper, getting fucking irritated with myself by the second.

'you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you. you left. with my heart. and never returned'

'we were just diamonds in the dust.'

'we're swimming under the stars. back to the lighthouses.'

'you promised to put me back together, but all you ever did was break me.'

Most of the time I just sat there staring at the paper. Pyper and the guys made small talk, but I barley paid attention.

'i'll be your guide in the oceans'

'sit by the lighthouse and soak in the sun. rub in the sand'