t h i r t y f i v e » p a p i l l o n

not edited

— papillon —
(n) butterfly
origin ; french

« P H O E N I X ' S P O V »

I smiled at the thought of asking Adrianna out to a date tonight. I was in love with her, it was as simple as that and I knew it because I've never felt the things I feel with her with anyone else in all my years of existing. But how could you not love her, everything about her was captivating - her beautiful eyes, her breathtaking smile, her luscious pink lips, her mind. She was so philosophical, perceptual, her thoughts were deep on a whole other level. God, she was perfect.

She was in her room at the moment and I imagined her as I walked to my wardrobe to get a shirt when I heard her famous Arctic Monkeys AM vinyl playing. It started off soft and somewhat got louder until it was echoing throughout the bloody mansion. This girl really has no sense of sound, I chuckle to myself.

Just thinking about her, I craved to see her, to see her eyes bore into mine. I fucking loved when see had all her attention fixated on me. Yet, I couldn't find a fucking shirt. Fuck it. I walked out of my room shirtless and a few steps across to her room. Her door was freely open and she was being the beautiful free spirit she was. I leaned across the door frame and watched her. She was completely rocking out to 'R U Mine' as if she was indeed at a rock concert and goddamn, was she lovely, I couldn't help but stare. She calmed down once 'One for the Road' started, running a hand down her hair and that's when I saw her face - worried, lost, confusion, teary eyes. These were the emotions she'd never dare to show around anyone and my heart hurt for her. She buried her hurt and pain deep inside of her and only showed happiness. There weren't many people that could see past that and see her smiles were full of fake happiness, her beautiful gold irises held an immense amount of pain, but I knew. And I could see past it all.

Because I was the exact same.

She had yet to notice me as she sat against her bed on the floor with her very infamous notebook in hand along with two pencils and her many black Muji pens. She sighed deeply and it was shaky. Shit, something was wrong

Quietly, I walked over to the vinyl player and subtly lowered the volume. When I looked over at her, she was already looking at me, wide eyed, lips slightly apart and she was frozen; nervousness and anxiousness written all over her face.

"Um, uh, hi?" She stumbled on her words shyly.

"Hey, love." Oh that's fucking wonderful, my English decided now was a perfect time to make an appearance.

Looking into her eyes, she seemed to lighten up a bit and look happier than what she was seconds ago. She had yet to say something, anything and I caught her eyes raking my body. And fuck, I loved it. I had momentarily forgotten that not putting on a shirt meant my tattoos were all on display but Adrianna loved them, loved to look at them, that much I knew. I coughed once and smirked when her eyes snapped up to meet mine. Her eyes sparkled and her cheeks were a deep crimson; she stared at me with those big golden eyes, full of light and innocence. I cleared my throat once more and made my way to sit next to her. More so, her cheeks became even more pink and her eyes widened even more.

"What're you up to?" I ask with a smile.

"N-nothing," she stuttered. The entire time, she was staring right at me, never diverting her attention, but as she spoke, she would steal glances at my chest and abs. Having her eyes on me did certain things to my head and body and goddamn, how hard I try not to lose myself.

"I was feeling inspire, so I was continuing this poem I had started some time ago," she hadn't stuttered, but instead spoke so softly, so faintly. She looked relaxed as she spoke about her craft, it was alluring.