f o r t y e i g h t » a k i h i

not edited

— akihi —
(n) listening to directions and walking off and then promptly forgetting them
origin ; hawaiian

P H O E N I X ' S P O V

It's been three fucking days without her and I was losing my goddamn mind, going fucking insane. And the fact that Pyper has made it crystal clear she knew very well what was going on and was purposely not telling me was not, fucking, helping.

I depended on Adrianna too much, that was no lie. I depended on her so much that now, without her I was just an absolute mess. She kept me together and without her by my side, I was nothing. I've been trying to get Pyper to fucking talk to me, but even she seems hell fucking bent on not telling me jackshit.

I groaned as I pulled the covers off my body and felt Adrianna's side of the bed empty. It was cold and I missed having her by my side. I missed having my arm around her small waist; I missed having her beautiful eyes to look into when I woke up. I've never felt more alone.

"So, are you going to keep staring up at the ceiling or you gonna put on a bloody shirt and talk to me," my sister's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I've never rolled out of my bed faster than I just have and threw on the closest shirt I could find. And then I stared at her expectantly.

"Oh and pick up that damn whiskey bottle will you? If Adrianna saw that empty bottle, she'd damage your arse," she looked at me, wrinkling her nose. My heart lurched at her name and I thought about just how much I'd rather her "damaging" my arse than not being around at all.

Nothing short of fifteen minutes later, I walked into the kitchen showered and cleaned up to find Pyper already sitting, waiting expectantly. She was eating a croissant whilst a crepe sat on a plate for me.

"For starters, I hope you realise how disappointed Adrianna would be right now for how you're acting," she stated, picking her nails. My heart was fucking shattering in my chest every time I heard her name and Pyper's remarks weren't fucking helping.

"Phoenix, you're my brother and I love you, but right now you are an utter mess," her eyes cut to mine. I couldn't disagree with her on that. I didn't know how to fucking act for fuck's sake. I was merciless lately, I was drinking relentlessly, I have a five o' clock shadow from not shaving, and I haven't once not thought of her. Once in my life, three days would just pass in blur, but right now? Three days couldn't go by any fucking slower.

"Where is she, Pyper?"

"What happened back at your office on Thursday?" She shot back in a heartbeat. My eyebrows scrunched together, Thursday?

"What happened?"

"Phoenix, don't be fucking stupid. What the hell was Infinity doing in your office," she raised her eyebrow accusingly. And then it seemed all the pieces of a fucking puzzle fit together.

"Adrianna was the one who brought lunch for me, wasn't she? And she came just when Infinity had come, hadn't she?" Pyper raised a nonchalant eyebrow, sitting back in her chair. Oh fuck me please.

"Pyper, please, nothing happened on Thursday," I said, desperation suddenly lacing my voice, "Please don't tell me Adrianna thinks something happened," I pleaded.