f i f t y f o u r » t a r t l e

not edited

— tartle —
(v) panicking and hesitating just before you have to introduce someone whose name you can't quite remember
origin ; scots

"Phoenix!" I shrieked and burst into a fit of laughter as he picked me up in his arms and spun me around.

"My beautiful girl," he whispered happily as our lips gently brushed past each others.

"You're all mine," I whispered in the same tone with a smile before pressing my lips to his.

"I am, étoile filante, and I have been from the moment I locked gazes with you," he whispered in between our kisses. He walked us over to his bed, setting me down on the edge and climbed in himself, sitting up against the headboard.

"Come here, beautiful," he called softly for me to sit in his lap. I followed, straddling him and resting my head against his chest, hearing his wild heartbeat.

"Your heart, it beats wildly," the words came out, almost inaudibly, before I could think.

"Only when I'm with you," he replied and I felt the definite blush spreading across my cheeks.

"I have a surprise for you," he stated in a quiet voice.

"What is it?" I lifted my head up almost immediately and stared at him with wide eyes.

"Where's the element of surprise there, darling," he teased whilst I pouted.

"All I'll tell you is pack a bag for the weekend," he said as his hand found its way under my shirt and rested on my hipbone.

"I don't like you," I huffed and buried my face in his chest.

"You love me, étoile filante," I felt the rumble of his chest as he laughed wholeheartedly.

"When are we leaving?" I questioned.

"In an hour and a half," he answered cheekily.

"Phoenix! I have to go pack!" I almost yelled, immediately scrambling to get up. He only tugged on my hand, causing me to fall back in his lap.

"You don't need to pack much, baby, and you'll have my clothes to wear too. You have no idea how sexy you look wearing my clothes," he nuzzled his face in my neck and a blush coated my cheeks.

-

Half and hour later and I was hurriedly throwing clothes in my duffle bag as Phoenix sat happily on my bed, snickering as he watched me.

"Okay, I'm done packing, so now I'm going to take a super quick shower," I rushed out, going to my dresser to grab undergarments.

"Baby," his deep voice came behind me and his arms wrapped around my waist, "Take your time, there's no rush. I said I'd like to leave in half hour, but that doesn't mean we have to. Don't stress, my love," he breathed in my ear.

"O-Okay," I stuttered as his hands trailed lower.

"I'm hungry," he said huskily, biting softly on my earlobe.